We just returned forma weekend stay in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment (October 2012). There were 5 of us – 2 adults and 3 children aged 5, 3 and 18 months. The overall experience was excellent. The apartment was large enough for all of us, with spacious bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The second bedroom had two single beds but there was still enough room to put a portacot in between. The apartment was clean and tidy and very well looked after. There is a full sized kitchen which was great with small children as well. From our room (302) we had a glimpse of the ocean from the balcony (between buildings in front of us). The rooms next door 303 and 304 would had a better view but are also closer to the main street and noise I suspect.
The complex is set one block back and about a 2 mins walk to the beach and the main strip with all the restaurants and shops. So it was very convenient and we walked everywhere. The pool and sauna were a hit with the kids and there were some toys etc placed in the corner for use in the pool which we thought was thoughtful and kids appreciated. There are also undercover BBQ facilities within the pool area as well although we never used it.
We mostly ate out for dinner and I must admit that was pricey but we were on holidays so didn’t complain too much. Most of the restaurants and shops cater for children, with the usual pizza/fish and chips/chicken nuggets and chips. Our kids didn’t complain but it would have been nice if there were other options especially considering the prices. The adult food was great. There is also a Coles nearby and the pub is conveniently located near the apartments too which more than make up for the exxy restaurants along the shore.
We really enjoyed our stay. The closest beach to the apartments is a mixture of large rocks and sand – it’s actually quite good for small children and our 3 enjoyed building sandcastles and running between the rocks. Underwater world is only minutes away by car which was also a hit. There is also a surf type beach near there as well with a playground. Everything is close and convenient so you couldn’t really ask for a better location. There were lots of other families around so it’s obviously a popular area for this demographic.
Overall, we were quite impressed with the friendliness of management and the location of the accommodation and it’s proximity to all the activities. We were very happy with our stay and would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RAFFLES MOOLOOLABA,a 4 star intimate Mooloolaba resort, is just a short stroll to all that idyllic Mooloolaba has to offer.Raffles Mooloolaba comprises 30 modern and inviting fully self contained spacious and comfortable one or two bedroom Sunshine Coast holiday accommodation apartments. Every holiday apartment offers a double corner spa bath ensuite to the master bedroom for that extra bit of relaxation and rejuvenation after a day of absorbing the attractions of Mooloolaba..Choose from a ground floor apartment with its own private and secure courtyard, a deluxe apartment with either garden or partial ocean views, ocean view apartment or an ocean view rooftop apartment with its own private rooftop with BBQ and outdoor furniture setting.(List features)Relax in private on your own east to north facing balcony or enjoy our resort facilities - heated pool, spa, BBQ entertainment area, lift, free parking and tour desk.Walk across the street to the supermarket, 80m to the closest restaurant, 200m to the local bus stop, 150m to the nearest beach, 500m to the Surf Club and Underwater World, or take a 5 minute drive to the coast's largest shopping and movie complex or a 30 minute drive to Australia Zoo.RAFFLES MOOLOOLABA is the ideal base for your Mooloolaba accommodation and Sunshine Coast adventure ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Raffles Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Raffles Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Raffles Hotel Mooloolaba
- Raffles Mooloolaba Sunshine Coast