I stayed in a three bedroom apartment for two nights at the beginning of December. We checked into our room which clearly either hadn't been used for a long time or hadn't been cleaned for a long time. It was run down and the air conditioning didn't work. As we paid $960 for two nights accommodation (!!!!) we asked to be moved and were moved to a much higher level and yes, the view was amazing, the apartment was better but again the air conditioning didn't work, nor the dishwasher. We didn't raise these issues with the staff as we felt really uncomfortable complaining about the second room as we felt there was lots of eye rolling the first time around. The pool area was a bit ridiculous with only two sun loungers, not really handy when there are 4 of you!
Yes the location was great but for the price we paid we expected a lot more. I would never stay at this hotel again and definitely wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Mooloolaba Bay, Mantra Zanzibar offers beachside accommodation with a strong East African influence in the heart of cosmopolitan Mooloolaba. Offering style on the beach, the property is close to everything your heart desires including shopping, restaurants and sidewalk cafes. Indulge in the latest fashions and giftware from around the world in the surrounding boutiques. Accommodation choices include 2 and 3 bedroom apartments all with quality furnishings and African inspired decor, air-conditioning, private balcony with panoramic ocean views and an indulgent spa bath. Other standard features include a fully equipped kitchen, laundry, cable TV, DVD player, internet access and hairdryer. If you're after more space, upgrade to our courtyard apartments which feature all of the above plus a private courtyard area with barbeque and outdoor spa or for the ultimate in luxury book our two or three bedroom penthouse. You will enjoy all the resort facilities and services you need with an outdoor heated pool and spa, fully equipped gym, complimentary undercover parking, in-room internet access, tour desk, child minding and laundry service. Mooloolaba is home to many of Queensland's best attractions including UnderWater World, the Eumundi Markets and just 20 minutes drive away is the famous Australia Zoo. Located on The Esplanade we are just minutes walk from trendy sidewalk cafes, bars, restaurants and boutique stores making for a truly memorable getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Apartments
- Zanzibar Hotel Apartments
- Mantra Zanzibar Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast