We went to this resort for our honeymoon and expected a reasonable resort based on its 4 1/2 star rating but there is no way that this resort comes close to that! From the time we walked into the resort and was asked for my drivers licence to confirm who I was (I have NEVER had that happen to me before) and the address did not match (we had recently moved), I felt as though I was being interrogated!
The room that they initially gave us smelt and there was no way we could stay in it. What a disappointment. After changing rooms, we found the new room to be very small with, for example, limited space to put things in the bathroom. Certainly nowhere near the standard of 4 1/2 star resorts that we have stayed at before.
We were there for 6 days and the toilet leaked for 5 of those days. On the 3rd attempt to get it fixed it, it was finally resolved. We also had problems with the WiFi in the resort during the stay and, although it was managed by a 3rd party company, they seemed to be unable to get the resort to reboot the router, as they were requesting them to do. We consequently had to find another hot spot to use our laptop.
Oh, by the way did I mention the garbage trucks early in the morning & the renovations that they were making in the resort whilst we were there? Surely the inconvenience of the renovations would have suggested to the resort that they should have reduced their tariff during them?
All in all, this was a very unpleasant stay & certainly took the shine off our honeymoon. I would not recommend it at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort is located directly opposite Mooloolaba's beautiful beachfront and is comprised of 132 apartments and suites with hinterland, pool, river or ocean views. All apartments and suites are self-contained, with air conditioning, cable television and modern fittings. Some rooms feature a spa bath. Resort facilities include a gymnasium, outdoor spa, sauna, rooftop spa, barbecue entertaining area, day spa and secure car parking. Mooloolaba's relaxed family atmosphere has long been a popular holiday destination for Queenslanders and it is now emerging as the 'must visit' destination for the rest of Australia. Landmark Resort is situated on the beachfront amongst Mooloolaba's finest restaurants, cafes and exclusive boutiques. Step across the road to the magnificent year-round patrolled beach, which has won multiple awards for being Queensland's cleanest and friendliest. Waiting for you around the corner is Sea Life, which provides a thrilling entrée to the world below the sea. The daily shows, along with other displays and the wondrous underwater tunnel, provide a fun day's entertainment for the whole family. Mooloolaba is only a short drive to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo and the superb Sunshine Coast hinterland. Landmark Resort is an hour's drive north of the Brisbane Airport, or a 20 minute drive from the Sunshine Coast Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Resort Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
- Landmark Hotel Mooloolaba