“Has everything we needed!”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Daintree, Australia
“Has everything we needed!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this motel & were very happy with everything. Great location right on the beach & close to shopping. Comfortable beds & pillows. We didn't book an ocean-view room as our visit mainly centred on visiting family, though our studio room overlooked the pool & the calming waterfall with its soothing sounds. We didn't use the BBQ facilities or the gym or pool, but we enjoyed coming back to our cosy apartment. Well equipped kitchen. I felt they could have supplied more toilet paper but this is a small complaint. Underground parking was also good with plenty of room& no stress trying to park our hire car. Would highly recommend the staff who were friendly & helpful at all times.

Room Tip: In hindsight it would have been nice to book an ocean view room though have since heard that the poo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LandmarkMoolool... R, Guest Relations Manager at Landmark Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Deb F

We thank you for taking the time to write the review on Trip Advisor, and appreciate your comments and feedback.

Hope to see you again in the future, for another memorable stay with Landmark Resort Mooloolaba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have stayed here 3 times in Mooloolaba. The location of this Resort can't be beat. Close to everything, beach directly opposite, walk to underwater world. The first two times we stayed in studio room, the 3rd time we stayed and definitely recommend private rooftop, spa and BBQ. I can't recall the room but it had views from beach to marina and the mountains. There is also a pool, spa within the resort and restaurants at ground level. I didn't give it full marks as we haven't stayed anywhere else so can't compare with other resorts but I do highly recommend.

Room Tip: If going as a couple and staying more than 2 nights+, recommend 1 bed rooftop
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi and thank you very much for the taking the to review Landmark Resort.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back as a repeat guest in the near future.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Recently spent a long weekend at the Landmark Mooloolaba and had an enjoyable stay. We booked a studio apartment which was a really nice and comfortable for two adults. The apartment and hotel was up to the good standards that we have come to expect of the Landmark Resort.

Situated across the road from one of the best beaches in Australia the resort is good value for families and couples.

The resort is also near some good restaurants and the Surf club.

The only complaint that we had was that one of the two lifts was closed at the peak of when people were checking out

Room Tip: A beach front room provides a bonus. Rooms overlooking the pool may be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi and we thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Landmark Resort Mooloolaba

Unfortunately one of the lifts was being worked on at the time of your stay, and we hope that this doesnt hinder you for another enjoyable at with us in the future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a week-end away and didn't realise is was the 1st week of the September school holidays. I just went on-line to find a good deal for a 1 bedroom apartment in a good location in Mooloolaba as we had never stayed at this location previously and we wanted to go somewhere different to our usual spots. The deal was good but had a min stay of 3 nights and we only really wanted 2 but because of the price, location and good reviews we decided to go for the 3. Well the location was fantastic, straight across the street from the surf club, beach walking paths and there are lots of places to eat both up market or just for a snack. Basically you just park the car and don't go near it until you are ready to leave, everything is that handy to you. We were so impressed we rebooked for the Australia Day week-end next January. Our room was very clean with a kitchen, 2 way bathroom, laundry. Perfect for a couple and we could easily have stayed for a week. We had a larger balcony than the ones above us but it did not get any sun on it but that was fine with us as we were not is the room for long and the beach is straight across the road. We were aware there would be "partial" ocean views which was correct although we had a better view than I expected. The staff as great. Probably the only negative is that if we had young children I would have preferred a more open, larger pool area. But if children are not a consideration and the location is, go for it.

Room Tip: We had to call for assistance as our television did not have sound. The maintenance fellow told us m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here numerous times in various rooms, studio and the better deluxe
All rooms are pretty good.

Good locality ... Probably one of the best on the esplanade
Great rooms very clean and modern
Resort pool is unwelcoming unless you're a kid
Overall good atmosphere and enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Book this hotel for the rooms not the facilities as the pool is not suitable for couples, overcrowde...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoctorTTravel
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We recently stayed for 2 weeks. Dealing with all the staff was an absolute pleasure. The room was just lovely and the views to die for! I came for my 40th and it was a fabulous choice of place. I requested a specific room and they delivered (we had stayed in this room last year and the views were amazing, the ocean-clearly visible even from our bed and the marina from the balcony, the beds sooo comfortable-like sleeping on clouds and the location was just fabulous-2 steps from restaurants, surf club, beach, playground underwater world-so much! The roof top spa was fab, it also had a BBQ area up there with tables and chairs-just lovely. The waterfall pool heaps of fun for adults and kids. They helped make my 40th birthday holiday very memorable. Many a lovely meal or drink was had on that balcony with the fantastic view. I will be back!! I have and will be recommending Landmark Resort Mooloolaba to my family and friends any chance I get!! A perfect place to stay-fun for families, romantic for couples. Thanks for making our holiday and my 40th celebration so splendid!!
Landmark Resort Mooloolaba is my happy place from now on!

Room Tip: We had a 2 bedroom apartment with a spa bath and shower over it, washer and dryer in the room and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank klights73
Ulverstone, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have stayed a number of times at the Landmark over the last couple of years. The location is fantastic and compared to other places I've stayed in Mooloolabah, I've found it quiet (from other noise from other rooms). I stayed recently in a studio room, which is a good size for one person, however there is no room for luggage, so for a couple staying more that a night or two I would suggest you look at the larger rooms.
I was disappointed this time however as the room wasn't cleaned. The kitchen was clean and tidy, but the floor hadn't been vacuumed and the bathroom had quite a bit of mould and the blanket and doona were both stained. The mid stay room service was only change of towels and the bed was made - perhaps linen was changed, but I'm not sure. They went to the trouble of putting that little paper strip over the toilet to say it had been cleaned.. when it clearly hadn't been! So that made me wonder if it was actually clean when I checked in. When I spoke to reception about this, they did have the bathroom cleaned the next day for me. It is a shame, but I think my next visit I will be trying another hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo