“Great choice for the sunshine coast”
Review of Landmark Resort

Landmark Resort
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment which I had booked online at a really good price. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to be on the 10th floor which an amazing view out over the mountains and the river.

The room was compact but fine for a long weekend trip with my two small kids. It had a bedroom, a small living area with a kitchenette and a bathroom with a washing machine and small corner spa bath/shower, large enough for me to also comfortably put a portacot for the baby. The room was clean and well kept, the bed was ver comfortable (apart from having a 2 year olds feet in my back :)). I think that each room is independently owned so the furniture would be different for each apartment. The kitchen was small but large enough to make breakfast, and even had a small cooktop. The patio was quite big and a beautiful place to sit. The only negatives were that the couch was uncomfortable (it was a saggy sofa bed) and the washing machine cycle went for 5 hours! Also as this is not like a hotel, they can't provide cots but rather hire them for you at a cost (we ended up borrowing one).

The staff were all friendly, and the resort had a nice pool although we didn't use any of the facilities. Car parking was also great and easy to get to considering the beachfront can get very busy.

The location is superb, with all the shops and restaurants/cafes just downstairs and an amazing beach over the road. My daughter also loved the playground next to the beach and there were lots of beautiful walks to be had. I stay in this part of the world a lot to see family, and I really liked everything about this resort and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexandriad

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I've given alot of thought to this review because overall we had a wonderful weekend and I'd love to give the Landmark Resort a 10 out of 10. However, there were some incidences that occurred during our stay that I feel are worth mentioning.

Our package deal included 2 nights accommodation, dinner at Hot Pipis on one night, beakfast at a local cafe each morning and a late checkout at 12 noon. We booked to stay in a 1 bedroom rooftop apartment and we checked in to room 10133.

We were very excited to be staying in a rooftop apartment marketed as having it's very own private rooftop with hot tub and BBQ, and decided to cook up a BBQ dinner one night.  After turning the BBQ on and finding that it wasn't heating up we called reception to ask for some help and were advised to just give it another 10 minutes. 20 minutes later we had fixed it ourselves.

It's also worth noting that while the rooftop is for your exclusive use, it's not really private in the true sense of the word. While dining on our rooftop we were surprised to look over and see that we were being watched by the people staying in the apartment next door,  and from their vantage point they had a clear view of our entire 'private' rooftop area.

Retiring to the lounge room for the evening we flicked on the television but were unable to locate any cable tv channels which was a little disappointing given that the rooms are advertised as having cable tv.

Sunday morning we ducked downstairs for some breakfast and a walk along the beach with plans to head back to our room and spend some time relaxing in our hot tub before checking out. I was totally lost for words when I walked up onto our rooftop and found a man cleaning the hot tub at a quarter to 10. It appears there was a little confusion about our late checkout and he did apologise afterwards but the whole experience contributed to taking away that feeling of having our own private area.

After checking out and handing in our room keys I asked to purchase 2 stubby holders. I'd noticed these listed in the merchandise section of our compendium at $5.00 each. The lady behind the counter wasn't sure of the price at first, but it was soon established that the correct price was in fact $8.50 each.  I pointed out that the compendium in our room had them listed at the cheaper price and it was suggested that I should just run upstairs and grab it to show the girls behind the desk. While I understand her logic in not simply believing that what I said was correct,  the tone and manner in which she suggested that I should just run on up to the 10th floor and fetch the compendium down was rather rude and not the best example of customer service to say the least.

In the end, not wanting to waste anymore time on the matter we paid the $8.50 each and left with a less than favorable impression of the Landmark Resort. I do hope that she did go up and check the price list herself after we left.

Overall we did have a wonderful weekend. The Landmark Resort is in a great position,  the hot tub is relaxing despite not being private, our room was relatively clean and the bed was comfortable. The views were amazing from both our  balcony and our rooftop, and the local restaurants serve delicious food and great coffee. It's a shame that our experience here on this occasion was tarnished by the slightly misleading advertising and poor customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank holiday_vee
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Our family of 7 stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for 3 nights recently. The foyer and pool area are impressive, but our apartment was a bit disappointing. Lots of narrow hallways with grubby walls and no artwork made it feel tired and old. Beds were comfortable and the lounge, dining and kitchen area was spacious. I needed the turn the air-conditioner off at night as it was so loud I could barely sleep. I was charged $20 per night for a portacot at the end of our stay and wasn't told about this beforehand. What a rip off!
I was surprised and very concerned that all the windows in the apartment opened right up and didn't have any safety lock to stop children from falling out! There were so many windows and furniture in front of many of them and with 5 children in the apartment this made me nervous.
The location of these apartments was fantastic and level one goes straight out into the restaurant and shopping strip on the esplanade. It is also across from a great park and only a short walk to the mariner. The best meal we had was from Montezumas Mexican, soooo good! The kids loved the pool and spas.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Good location, tired fit out and needing a clean. An average quality place to stay in need of care, repair and attention. With some care and attention & customer service this would be a great place - pity they just do not get the need to provide at least a clean room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mokapuna
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have just returned back to brisbane after staying 2 night at the resort on the top level with the jacuzzi . On arrival into our room we found 4 dirty wine glasses in the sink , I called reception and was not given an apology , I was advised they would let house keeping know , it was not until the following day at 12 noon that the glasses were removed . We were not offered a discount or even a bottle of champagne . For the money we paid the service was too poor . The room I feel are dated and over priced with a lot of noise travelling from the street . I attempted to call reception with no answer , when we were checking out as we wanted to use the dish washer the room is set up where if u swipe card the power is activated , as we had no card as both had to be returned we were not able to use this facility . When I informed reception when handing back the card they were not at all helpful . They have a gym on site and no water available , informing another guest to fill water bottles in the toilet . The money guests are paying for rooms the service is poor. There is also a charge if you need to use wifi . Once again another rip off . Overall a ever poor experience !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meady86
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The location of this hotel excellent, close to both beach and restraunts. I would highly recommend staying here as a family holiday. Our 2 children 9 and 4 had a great time, with excellent pool and spas to keep them occupied. Across the street is a great park which is on the beach. Well worth staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

When visiting Mooloolaba we make a point of staying at The Landmark Resort. It is good value for money especialy their package deals when staying for two or more nights.
It is ideally situated, opposite the beautiful beach as well as the Surf Club. Set amonst the many restaurants and cafes, a person would want for nothing in the way of refreshments.
Landmark is located only a short stroll from Underwater World where a very enjoyable time can be guaranteed.
The Staff are friendly and courteous and most helpful when booking in. There is undercover car parking, The Resort is also close to public transport in the event you don't have a vehicle.
Very enjoyable times spent at the Landmark Resort.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple