We stayed in a studio apartment which I had booked online at a really good price. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to be on the 10th floor which an amazing view out over the mountains and the river.
The room was compact but fine for a long weekend trip with my two small kids. It had a bedroom, a small living area with a kitchenette and a bathroom with a washing machine and small corner spa bath/shower, large enough for me to also comfortably put a portacot for the baby. The room was clean and well kept, the bed was ver comfortable (apart from having a 2 year olds feet in my back :)). I think that each room is independently owned so the furniture would be different for each apartment. The kitchen was small but large enough to make breakfast, and even had a small cooktop. The patio was quite big and a beautiful place to sit. The only negatives were that the couch was uncomfortable (it was a saggy sofa bed) and the washing machine cycle went for 5 hours! Also as this is not like a hotel, they can't provide cots but rather hire them for you at a cost (we ended up borrowing one).
The staff were all friendly, and the resort had a nice pool although we didn't use any of the facilities. Car parking was also great and easy to get to considering the beachfront can get very busy.
The location is superb, with all the shops and restaurants/cafes just downstairs and an amazing beach over the road. My daughter also loved the playground next to the beach and there were lots of beautiful walks to be had. I stay in this part of the world a lot to see family, and I really liked everything about this resort and will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort is located directly opposite Mooloolaba's beautiful beachfront and is comprised of 132 apartments and suites with hinterland, pool, river or ocean views. All apartments and suites are self-contained, with air conditioning, cable television and modern fittings. Some rooms feature a spa bath. Resort facilities include a gymnasium, outdoor spa, sauna, rooftop spa, barbecue entertaining area, day spa and secure car parking. Mooloolaba's relaxed family atmosphere has long been a popular holiday destination for Queenslanders and it is now emerging as the 'must visit' destination for the rest of Australia. Landmark Resort is situated on the beachfront amongst Mooloolaba's finest restaurants, cafes and exclusive boutiques. Step across the road to the magnificent year-round patrolled beach, which has won multiple awards for being Queensland's cleanest and friendliest. Waiting for you around the corner is Sea Life, which provides a thrilling entrée to the world below the sea. The daily shows, along with other displays and the wondrous underwater tunnel, provide a fun day's entertainment for the whole family. Mooloolaba is only a short drive to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo and the superb Sunshine Coast hinterland. Landmark Resort is an hour's drive north of the Brisbane Airport, or a 20 minute drive from the Sunshine Coast Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Landmark Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landmark Resort Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast
- Landmark Hotel Mooloolaba