I don't really understand the rating of this hotel on TA. #1 in Mooloolaba really??? I have to say the rating is why we gave it a go for our 4 night stay. A number of factors led to us leaving after 3 nights though.
Firstly, this hotel is on the main road/esplanade, with a set of lights out the front where motorbikes and trucks like to rev up the hill after a red light. You can't sit on your verandah and enjoy any peace as it's constant traffic. You can shut the doors and it's fine, but what's the point in that? The second noise issue comes from internally - pipes groaning and squeaking at all hours whenever our neighbours had a shower or used the bathroom. Usually 11pm and 5.30am. We could also hear their voices late at night. Because you have to keep all doors and windows closed, the bedroom is stinking hot. There is aircon and a ceiling fan, both of which are rattly and noisy and impossible to sleep through.
Lastly, noise from kids at the pool. The Sunday we checked in kids were squealing and yelling for hours in the afternoon. Maybe okay if they're your kids but not so great for us.
The décor in our room was very out of date - very clean but so odd. Each room had different curtains, circus curtains in the lounge, old plastic orange chairs on the veranda. Brown floral curtains in the bedroom, awful. The ensuite had mould all over the sliding shower door - not the cleaners fault, you can't get the mould out of those sliding doors once it's in. They need to be replaced. It was very far from luxurious.
The location is a 10-15 min walk to the shops/cafes of Mooloolaba, which is fine, but there are a number of hotels much closer in the same category - Landmark, Mantra... They say there is a beach 'across the road' - but it is not a swimming beach, there are no flags. So if you have kids and armfuls of junk to take with you, you will probably need to drive down to the flagged area.
So, all this led to us leaving a night early, and on checkout we weren't even asked why we were leaving early. I wasn't expecting or going to ask for a refund - fully aware of their 'no refunds for early departures' policy stated when I checked in. I didn't even want to bring up the issues on checkout as there was nothing they could've done to make it better - all rooms will have the traffic noise if your doors are open.
Lesson learnt - stick to the hotels down near the beach/surf club... Or go further up the coast to Peregian or Coolum if you want somewhere luxurious and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short walk from the heart of Mooloolaba is Osprey Apartments, an outstanding holiday resort. Set around landscaped gardens are select facilities for your enjoyment. Spend your downtime relaxing with a good book on a sun-lounge around the resort pool. Other facilities include a heated spa, fitness room and a BBQ entertainment area. The fully equipped one, two and three bedroom apartments present a fresh and contemporary feel with all the creature comforts of a home away from home. The open plan living, dining and kitchen area opens onto the private balcony boasting alluring views. Every apartment offers the little extras such as cable television and DVD players. Wake up to the sound of the rolling surf on the famous Mooloolaba Beach, then step outside onto your patio or balcony and watch the sun rise over the glistening waters of the Pacific Ocean. Only a 5 min drive from the Coast's largest shopping and movie centre and a quick walk to Mooloolaba Beach, Underwater World and the Wharf. Montville and the Glass House Mountains are only half an hour away. No car, no problem, Osprey is only 100m from the local bus stop. Whether you want relaxation, adventure or excitement Osprey Apartments is the ideal base for your Sunshine Coast holiday. Our friendly staff are happy to assist you with all your holiday needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Osprey Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Osprey Oceanview Apartments Mooloolaba
- Osprey Oceanview Apartments Hotel Mooloolaba
- Osprey Apartments Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast