“Not the best - but worth a try.”

Journey to Bollywood
Ranked #29 of 169 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fully themed authentic Indian restaurant. Family owned business, with owners having more than 20 years experience in the hospitality industry. A memory-creating restaurant that invokes all the senses. Ambiance and decor to give the authentic Indian feel. Delicious traditional Indian cuisine cooked fresh and prompt attentive service.
“Not the best - but worth a try.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Im a local and decided to try the new restaurant for takeaway...fast efficient service...but unfortunatly when you know the places that you love with indian and try something new you become disspointed. It wasnt a wow flavor i was looking for as I had the vegi korma and butter chicken...was oily and I think I prefer to stick all time favorite Hathi Indian... but if I had to choose a Indian restaurant in Mooloolaba..I would reccommend yours first.

London
“Great”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant - some of the best Indian I have ever had. Try the Potato masala dosa - a beautiful dish. Owner and staff are excellent.

• Visited February 2013
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Bollywood Magic”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Well we went to Bollywood, great atmosphere, great service and good food. We wanted to try everything, but one tandoori platter, 2 curries, 1 garlic naan, 1 cumin rice & 1 mango chutney, we were in Bollywood. Service was good, food was well presented. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Anyone wanting to try an Indian experience this is the place to go.

• Visited March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Graet atmosphere with great food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We decided to give the new Indian a go, from outside it does look a bit tacky but once inside its really well decorated, the staff were all really helpful and polite and looked great in their Indian theme uniforms. The food was really good. I must say I was impressed, I'm normally happy to keep to my regular Indian but I'm glad we gave this place a try. The food had lots of flavour and we really enjoyed ourselves?

The owner (I'm assuming) came over and took the kids orders first which they thought was great. Nice touch.

Ok so it can't be a perfect 10. Only comments. The rice didn't come out with the meal we had to wait then ask for it, then await some more. It finally arrived and luckily our food was still hot so all good. That's my only bad comment.

Loved this place will be back

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“Bollywood at its best”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just got back from dinner at Journey to Bollywood. We loved it! Carnivore son and vegetarian daughter were well catered for. Freshness of the vegetarian meals was fantastic.

We also enjoyed the setting (one of the best decors we've seen) and the Indian music (not too loud).

Prices were reasonable and service was great. Highly recommended. If we were staying here longer we'd definately go back.

• Visited February 2013