“Won't be returning or recommending”

Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Göteborg
“Won't be returning or recommending”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The room we were in was very dated and shabby - travelled with another family and their room was no better. However worse than this was the lack of service. upon arrival I was told there was not porta cot for my one year old, and only after an angry refusal to accept that they have no cot for my daughter were they able to miraculously locate one. In addition, this resort seemed to attract many 18-25 year olds - all good and well however if you are travelling with family avoid this resort. There is no regulation for irresponsible behavior - required several security calls at 3am every night to remove people from the pool ( drunk and disorderly). Poor poor communication from staff, we experienced two fire evacuations in the middle of the night and there was no announce,ent or direction from any staff member - the fire fighter was our source of information.

Pool is barely child friendly, small shallow pool whose edge sits flush with the deep end of the pool

Overall would not recommend for a family however if you are young and want to party without any restraint or regard for other guests this is the place for you!

Room Tip: Avoid staying in a room that faces the pool or you risk being kept up all night by other guests havi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cassandra83_13
fjohn98, General Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hi, I am sorry your friends decided to bring you to Mooloolaba on Australia day when all the young ones gather to party. The whole of Mooloolaba had the same problem unfortunately. Please accept our apology for the cot but unfortunately your agent failed to inform us you needed this. As for outdated rooms, we are unsure what you mean , we have a large flat screen in lounge and smaller in bedroom. The furnishing in both of the rooms are less than 2 years old they aren't retro but quite confortable, just like the large self contained unit with full kitchen, balcony, seperate spa bath, seperate shower, seperate toilet. Perhaps you should consider spending more next time as we are well priced and usually family orientated Resort at very reasonable prices. The childrens pool, I am sorry but this is usually one of our 5 star comments. By the pool is usually enjoyable also as it is locked up of a night but with Austalia day it is different.
The fire alarms we believe were caused by extreme weather conditions, when a fire alarm goes off it means evacuate and thats what happens, we cannot say anything until the fire brigade arrives and gives the all clear after they arrive, but I can assure had it been real we would have saved you and you child and we would be fielding comments how good our system is instead of the opposite. We know the system can be a little problem sometimes but all our guests safety and security is number 1. In all I believe your responce was very unfair and an approach to myself first would have been appreciated. However this didn't happen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My family & I recently stayed at Caribbean for 7 nights. Room was clean & well kept & had everything we needed, plenty of room to move with two kids. We had a lovely view of the pool. Kids enjoyed the games room. So close to everything in Mooloolaba - we didn't use the car! Very well priced. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Will definitely be back. Thank you for our lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Ipswich, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Rooms need a total makeover as the the furnishings are either broken or old/worn, marks/ chips all over the walls. As for the airconditioner, it couldnt cool my dog house. I did complain about it and recieved a pedestal fan, as our visit was in january it didnt do much. The staff were ok but it seems to me that they have there hands tied because the owner wont spend any $$$ on this property. We spent the extra $$s and got a rooftop room, money not well spent.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Stephen_H31
fjohn98, General Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Sorry Stephen,

I know last year it was good as you came back again and I even think you extended as well . We are sorry to lose clients like you.

Travelers are raving about these Mooloolaba hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overpriced for the quality of rooms; lack of functional cooking equipment, cheap furniture, inadequate rubbish disposal. Staff were arrogant and rude on the rare occasion they were contactable. Upon leaving we followed all cleaning and checkout regulations the room was left in the same condition of entry. Two weeks later $175 was drawn from my account without any prior notification, for a supposed cleaning fee with nothing itemised. Upon calling the management to enquire what was wrong with the room I was met with threats to charge an extra 3-4 nights to my account. Meanwhile the manager couldn't specify exactly what was wrong with the rooms cleanliness. Assuring management that the room was impeccable upon leaving, the argument was avoided at all costs by management.
In all, would not stay there again and certainly would not recommend.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Hamish I
Hi Hamish, thank you for view. I guess hamish we should mention that you and your friends and others were enjoying an Austalian day weekend. Your room had the power trip as you had decided to use your oven as an icebox, the oven had to be dried out and it only when you rang I said we could have charged you also for the days it took to dry the oven out. ( 3 to 4 days ) i guess this is the funtional cooking eqipment you mention ( doesn't work after it is used as ice box. ) I only wish perhaps the Police took you all away when they came to visit you after it appeared you had pigs in your room making what noise they do from your balcony at the Police below ) I didn't avoid speaking to you but then you got your Mum to ring to give me a serve , obviosly you dont do these things at home as I dont think she believed me.!! Hamish you will not stay here again as you are on our avoidance list at all costs.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was overall quite disappointed with the Caribbean Resort.

Rooms were very dated and tired looking. Lighting in the bathroom was terrible.

Good tv in lounge and cost for a 2 bed was ok but still a little overpriced.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank AlexMcG32
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just a few days of relaxation and time with my girls before Christmas . Clean and well presented and the staff were friendly . Girls loved the pool !!!! Great distance to just walk to the beach , the esplande and Underwater World .

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

1. Incredibly rude staff threatening us with eviction and calling the police at 7pm on a Saturday night for apparently moving furniture and being loud. We were not moving furniture; we were listening to the hot 100 and playing cards.
2. Lack of information from managers when alarm was sounded for an evacuation at 8pm on a Sunday night.
3. Ants in main bedroom
4. Extremely loud pipes in the bathroom
5. No air conditioning in bedrooms
6. Ancient toaster that looked like it might spark
7. Old horrible pan

Room Tip: Avoid Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends