We stayed at Mantra in a 1 bedroom apartment for 2 nights back in 2007. I was an average stay so I didn’t bother with a review. This time around it’s a different story.
We were married in Caloundra in November and being from Victoria, were not planning a honeymoon. Upon hearing this tidbit of information, my new husband’s boss decided to surprise us with a 2 night stay in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite.
Excited, newly married, and after waiting ages for the lift, we headed up to our room. On the floor outside the room lay some paper circles from some party poppers. They never moved. Having just come from Pumicestone Blue Resort in Caloundra, we were shocked. For what was $500+/night it was appalling.
The apartment was large, a little dingy towards the back, with a long balcony that overlooked the water. Stairs led up to a tiny rooftop courtyard with a BBQ, spa and worn decking chairs. The bathroom was nothing spectacular. Neither was the bedroom. The pillows were terrible.
The carpet was stained and the rooms smelled musty. One arm of the couch was torn, the other arm heavily stained with visible coffee cup rings, the seats were also stained with the occasional hole. It was that grimy I seriously considered covering it with a blanket. The television was tiny and the remote batteries flat. The walls seemed paper thin and we managed to get neighbours who liked to chat and play music into the early hours.
On the plus side, it is well located, the kitchen was large and well stocked with coffees, teas etc. I also like their complimentary bathroom products, especially the lemongrass soap. The staff also did give us an extended checkout.
Overall, not really a place I’d recommend for anyone looking to relax, do not go near the place for a romantic getaway or honeymoon. I think it might be more suited to families. The only reason I wasn’t more upset was because we weren’t paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Found right on the waterfront Mantra Mooloolaba Beach is a must in Sunshine Coast accommodation. Located on the Esplanade and offering self contained accommodation with over 30 restaurants, cafes and shops all on your doorstep. The hotel features fully furnished one, two and three bedroom suites each with a private balcony and sweeping ocean or garden views. Our suites provide the perfect accommodation for business travellers, just 12km for the airport as well as families with one, two and three bedroom options, most with full ocean views and spa baths. Onsite at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach you will find a variety of dining options as well as many leisure facilities including two swimming pools, a spa, sauna, recreation deck and fully equipped gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Hotel Mooloolaba
- Mooloolaba Outrigger
- Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort Sunshine Coast