“Great location dated interior”

Sandcastles Mooloolaba
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Great location. Right above the surf club walking distance to the under water world and pier. Rooms were large and comfortable, they were just dated. If you are driving a lowered car you may have trouble with the parking in the garage however there are able parks across the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmineo84
MooloolabaJuls, Manager at Sandcastles Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send a review. We value all comments.The location is great, straight out the back door into the Surf Club or onto the beach. A stroll away from the shops and restaurants. We have different levels of apartments at Sandcastles, The lower floors are sold at very affordable prices. Any ramped entry will not accommodate a lowered vehicle. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sandcastles .

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great stay, from the first contact with reception until checkout. Nothing was too much trouble, even when we bought our daughter along at the last minute. Clean and spacious rooms, great views from the balcony and everything in the room you need - washing machine, kitchenette and a good airconditioner. Great food seconds from the hotel. Will stay again...... and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Close to the beach, shops and attractions. While our room was clean and had fabulous views it was not of the standard of the pictures on the internet and for that we were disappointed. BUT as all apartments appear to be individually own (as is the case with alot of resort apartments) I guess to be fair to management they can not put all apartment photos up with the room numbers labeled. So if you can phone the resort direct to do your booking and ask for a room recommendation I am sure they will do their best to get you a good quality room.
While I have rated the accommodation average this is for the room we were in (404). We did have a look at 3 other rooms on our level when the cleaner was cleaning those rooms and they were lovely so do phone the resort direct.
We booked through the booking system on line on the properties website so you just get put into any room as this is a third party booking agency we were told. The undercover parking is fabulous, there's a lift. The surf club is right next door and the food is great. You must also get some fresh seafood from the marina..just divine.
I would stay again but would make sure this time that I phoned the managers direct and booked a particular room (now I know which ones were nicer) rather than taking pot luck online.
Hint: if you don't like to be woken up early by the rubbish trucks then ask to be put on the side of the building that overlooks the park and ocean.

Room Tip: if you don't like to be woken up early by the rubbish trucks then ask to be put on the side of t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandymacHamilton
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thank you to Kylie and Julie so much, although I was very hesitant to stay alone,( Initially not intensional), I had a fantastic time and didn't want to leave! Admittedly, if I had not received such a friendly phone manner from Kylie (receptionist), I may not have gone with you guys or had any holiday at all, as all other phone enquiries were not so pleasant!

I very much appreciated little chats with Kylie and Julie from time to time and the assistance with information, as well as my favourite thing... comming back to my unit, with my bed made and fresh towels, was an absolute bonus :) My room number 304 was the perfect view, everything was conveniently located within walking distance, which made my few days much more special. In the end I was content to be by myself and thankful for the peace. I am now thinking/planning my next stay :)

Room Tip: Rooms on River Espande side have no bright sun to wake you up! (February) Room number 304 is small...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you call looking over the surf club roof and car park "on the beach" then I guess it is. The location is nice and close to the cafe scene. The room was tired even though it was repainted (badly). The staff were very friendly and helpful but I'd rather pay a little more for better quality

Room Tip: Ask for sea views
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Excellent location and service. Clean and comfortable rooms. Flexible and helpful staff. Have booked in here at very short notice and they always bend over backwards to accommodate me. I stay here every month by choice.
It's a bonus that good restaurants are within walking distance and the sea views are amazing.
Secure parking garage and no access to strangers, so feels very safe.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The room was a little run down and needed some work to bring it up to standard. It was serviced daily, so it was neat and tidy. It was comfortable and had everything we needed. A good bonus was the secure car park. It is very close to the hive of activitiy around Mooloolaba and is a very short walk to the patrolled beach. We had sea views which was an added bonus.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple