“Good Location”

Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed here last November on our trip up the Sunshine Coast. A very comfortable and well located motel centrally located for the town, restaurants, the famous Surf Club and beach with a good car park. Yes a little dated but clean and spacious with a lovely secluded garden and pool. Kim and Marty were very friendly and helpful with local knowledge.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear AnneRichard571
We have recently read your review that you posted on Tripadvisor.com and would like to thank you for your lovely words and overall review. We appreciate your time and honesty and hope we will able to accommodate you again in the future.
Kim & Marty Smith
Managers, Mooloolaba Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I've stayed here three times now. I find it is positioned perfectly for me. It's close to shops, cafes, restaurants and the beach. Literally across the road is a range of shops such as Macdonalds, Noodle Box, a bakery and an IGA.

The staff are incredible helpful and friendly and I was quite delighted to be recognised as a return customer. I appreciate the efforts they have gone to help me check in if I have arrived after the reception is closed.

I've stayed in single rooms (by myself), double rooms (with work colleagues) and also in one of their two bedroom apartments (also with work colleagues). I've been happy in all of them.

The two bedroom apartment works quite nicely for a group. One bedroom sleeps three in single beds. The other sleeps two in a queen (I think) sized bed. It has a well equipped self catering kitchen and good sized lounge. No dining table but a large bench that people can sit at to eat meals. I think this would be a great set up for a family looking for a quick getaway to the beach at a fraction of the cost of the beachfront units one block up the road.

The rooms are all spotlessly clean. The bathrooms in all three of my rooms appear to have been freshly renovated.

I take my own wifi internet dongle and find I get a really strong telstra signal with it.

I will happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank katymacc
Dear Katymacc
We would like to thank you very much for your informative and honest review of Mooloolaba Motel. We are pleased that you have enjoyed all of your stays and look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Kim & Marty Smith
Managers, Mooloolaba Motel
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed one night at the Mooloolaba Motel as a last minute thing. I would have to say I was pleasantly suprised. The rooms are a little dated but both room and bathroom were very clean. We were in room 1 (ground floor closest to the reception). With that in mind (and the fact it is on Brisbane Road) I expected it to be Bright and noisy, however neither was the case. Heavy drapes and the large fence blocked out most of the street light and as with the ceiling fan on, there was surprising little road noice. If you are a light sleeper, take ear plugs and an eye mask just incase the other rooms have different sound quality. The staff were very amiable. The Motel is just over a block from the beach so if you are anything like us and spend most of your time exploring the surronding area (and eating gelato whle strolling the esplanade) then consider this as no frills alternative to the apartments along the front. We will definatey stay here again for out short stays at the beach.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Vicky j
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the compliments of cleanliness as we strive to maintain a high standard. I appreciate your comments on the road/general noise while keeping in mind our location.
Thank you and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.
Kim & Marty Smith, Managers, Mooloolaba Motel
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed here recently and it is ok. Certainly not the best hotel I have stayed in but not the worst. It is the location of this hotel which is great. Within a short walk to the beach and restaurants. The rooms are clean but small. We could here people going to the toilet in the next room which was bit of a turn off. Also it is right opposite 24 McDonalds. So you could hear drunken people at all hours of the morning heading to Maccas. The pool area is lovely. But it is a little expensive for what it is. I will stay here again but would ask for a room with the balcony.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank polly95

Travelers are raving about these Mooloolaba hotels

Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We had a nice clean room, staff and managers were friendly and helpful. It is close to everything allowing us to walk everywhere.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
yorkshire
Reviewed January 15, 2009

This a pleasent motel in a beach holiday town, The beach is in walking distance about 300 yards as are restaurants and shops. Reasonably sized rooms with balcony. Good size pool.At A$130 not cheap. Parking outside rooms and internet but it costs. This is one of the more attractive seaside towns on this coast.

• Liked — close to the beach without the crowds
  • Disliked — not much privacy on the balcony
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)