“Didn't fail my expectations again.”
Review of Via Italia

Via Italia
Ranked #45 of 169 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Didn't fail my expectations again.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Went with friends last night, this is our 2nd visit. Fantastic food again and the kids meals were also huge!
Thankyou and we will be back!

Melbourne, Victoria
“bit over rated”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

food at this place is a bit over-rated and over priced - but thats mooloolaba for you. my pasta was sticky and sauce fairly light on and flavorless. others in our group fared better. the pizza's and gnocchi seemed okay.

Visited October 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Good quick dinner with the family”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a meal here this week. We were early as we had our 3 kids with us, and found the service to be very prompt and accommodating even though we were seated in the bar area to be able to fit the pram, but it meant the table was very small for five of us. The macadamia nut pesto bruschetta was great, and I thoroughly enjoyed the smoked salmon lasagne - rich but delish! The outdoor seating is lovely and kids could run around while we finished our meal.

Visited October 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Rude, arrogant staff. Very family unfriendly.”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Via Italia has a lovely, large, licensed outdoor seating area in a central location on the Esplanade in Mooloolaba. My husband and I were keen to sit down and have a beer or wine and some nibblies with our two kids aged 7 and 3 years. My husband ordered a beer and sat at a table while I went to a neighbouring convenience store to get the kids a slushy and king python each to keep them amused. When we tried to re-enter the establishment to join my husband a big woman and her colleagues blocked the entrance, bouncer style, and said 'no outside food allowed'. They were really rude and condescending. I had to mind my kids on a nearby park bench while my husband finished his beer. Needless to say, we will never return there and I'd encourage anyone with children to do likewise. We later found that there were a number of high quality establishments a short distance down the esplanade who were also licensed, had good food and welcomed our whole family, slushies and all, with a smile.

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne
“Fair Italian on the tourist strip”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Well, what do you say. We were hoping for more, but really the food was very pedestrian. Not sure I would return

Visited August 2012
Manager V, Owner at Via Italia, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
I'm sorry to hear we didn't impress and we do hope that should you come back we can turn your opinion around. Some of the food on our menu are very safe options for those that enjoy the comfort food and going with what they know, perhaps if you would like to step of the pedestrian of life and come to the dark side you could try 'The Pig's Ears' with cottled egg and gremolata or for a true sin I recommend the chocolate and salted caramel panna cotta, pancetta praline and burnt carmel gelato. If your ever up here again come and see me personally and I'm sure we can do something to impress........I'm always here.
Luke