“Fantastic food, professional staff and reasonable prices” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karma Waters

Karma Waters
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience dining out at one of the best restaurants in Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast. Karma waters Restaurant imaginative style showcases Mooloolaba at its very best. A rich diversity of local produce has allowed our Chefs to prepare mouth-watering menus that capture the robust & distinct flavours that Portuguese cuisine is known for.At Karma waters, herbs & spices common to Portuguese cuisine has given our unique menu character and freshness. Many of our dishes are gluten free and there are vegetarian alternatives as well. The infusion of wine and garlic flavours allows our Signature Dish the Espatada the comforting taste that is unmistakably Portuguese.Karma waters restaurant is unpretentious, diverse, has a relaxed atmosphere and a superb ocean front location. Our dedication to service excellence and superior quality food reflects on Portuguese values, ensuring your visit to Karma waters is memorable.
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic food, professional staff and reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I decided to reserve a table at Karma Waters for me and my partner on Saturday night (17th November 2012) after reading some of the good reviews on trip advisor, so I had very high expectations. On arrival we were swiftly shown to our table and provided a menu and within a couple of minutes had been asked for drinks and starters, both of which arrived at our table quite quickly. We ordered the trip of dips, which was very nice, the bread in particular. For mains I ordered the Lamb Shanks and my partner ordered the Barramundi and Prawn Red Curry. They both arrived in a timely manner, and more importantly both dishes were perfect. The lamb shanks were so tender that it slid of the bone and my partners fish and prawn were both cooked to perfection. Both dishes were less than $30 AUD so are great value for money with good sized portions. I would most certainly recommend this place to my friends and family, and if I am ever back in Mooloolaba, this place will be on the top of my list.

Karma waters actually managed to exceed my high expectations. One of the nicest places I have been in Queensland, well done guys!

Visited November 2012
WOW

Thank you for such a fantastic review, all of our staff are so thrilled to have read about your visit to Karma and are so thankful that you took the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Reviews such as yours really add a bounce to our day, and reassure us that our good work IS getting noticed.

It is wonderful to read that we exceeded your high expectations and that you described us as one of the nicest places I have been in Queensland!That really is a big thing! Thank you again, such a positive and important review that we will print off and keep on our staff notice board to allow our staff the time to enjoy their efforts.

Queensland Australia
“Tasty food. good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I reviewed Karma Waters before making a booking and I'm glad we chose this restaurant for our first night at Mooloolaba. The service was good, quick and efficient. The night was quite windy but the clear blinds protected us. The meals were delicious, lamb shanks and salt & pepper dusted calamari, went down a treat. We took coffee home with us and it was delicious also. A nice spot for a yummy dinner

Visited November 2012
Hi there
Thank you for taking the time to review us on your visit to Mooloolaba. Karma waters is proud of our service levels and our reputation for reliable and friendly service.

It is wonderful to here that visitors to the Coast can begin their holiday with a taste of the Coast and leave our restaurant content. This makes everything we do worth while.

Once again, thank you for joining us at Karma and we hope to see you again on your next travels.
Brisbane, Australia
“Best pancakes EVER.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

With the unfair headstart of their location it just got better the service was excellent and the Blueberry Bacon and Maple syrup pancakes were the best breakfast I have ever had

• Visited October 2012
Hi Ben
Thank you for taking the time to review Karma waters. The blueberry pancakes are a delightful treat and due to their popularity are staying on our new menu, however we are making a slight change to read "mixed berry pancake"... I am sure you will enjoy the new version which is coming soon. We are so pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and the beautiful views. It's a great way to start the day.

We hope to see you again soon at Karma.
Cammeray, Australia
“Karma waters, Mooloolaba - Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently visited Mooloolaba for a 2 week period & ate out every evening (I like my food!).

There was only one restaurant that I went back to for a second time and that was Karma waters. In summary the reasons for returning were the great food, the friendly attentive staff and the relaxed atmosphere.

I shouldn't mention which dishes I had as descisions like that are based on individual tastes and the dishes available at the time. However I am going to tell you. On the first night I had bruschetta - the bread was delicious and crispy, the topping beautifully moist and flavoursome. For main, Chermoula Prawns - generous helping of prawns, perfectly cooked chick peas and terrific Chermoula marinade.

Second night oysters naturale - fresh, plump and tasting of the ocean. For main the Lamb shoulder - the meat just fell off the bone and combined well with the pee puree and aioli.

The flavour of all dishes was subtle. Like good wine there is one intial flavour on eating the dish and then another after taste.. it makes you take your time with dishes. I have read some reviews on various sights saying that the flavours at Karma waters are not strong enough. Not to be rude, but if your tastes are of the nature stick to Nandos (not that there's anything wrong with that chain as a fastfood restaurant).

And as mention above the staff are fanastic. Thank you for making both evenings terrific and a special thank you to Erin and Sean!

• Visited October 2012
karmawaters, Owner at Karma Waters, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Karma waters and it was fantastic to receive feedback about your meal choices and the service standards at Karma waters.

When considering the intensity of Karma waters Portuguese flavors, we've had to take into account that the "traditional" peri-peri would be very hot for most of our customers and could actually work against our menu popularity. Therefore, after much trial, consideration and collaborating, our team came up with our own peri-peri sauce and other Portuguese flavors that would suit the majority of our customers. Although this is more "mild" than what you would be served in Portugal, you certainly don't lose the experience of tasting the Portuguese flavors. And for those customers who seek it a little "hotter", if they let our wait staff know we can sure spice it up a bit to their requests.

We use quality ingredients prepared simply to preserve their distinctive flavors. Paprika, bay leaves, garlic and wine feature largely in many dishes, olive oil is adored and used to cook food as well as finish dishes. Peri-Peri, black pepper, salt, oregano, coriander, parsley, saffron, port, white wine & lemon all contribute to the image of strongly flavored fare designed to satisfy the appetite and reinforce our love of Portuguese cuisine.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our Portuguese influence and we look forward to seeing you again at Karma waters on your next trip to Mooloolaba.

Thank you for your time.
Caloundra, Australia
“Once again, excellent service and excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We returned to this restaurant after a previous experience, that was ok, not perfect, and expressed our concerns over the previous service in trip advisor. The management acknowledged my concerns and replied to my review. Based on the excellent food and the fact management acknowledged and acted on my concerns I returned with my wife and a friend visiting from interstate. The service was excellent and the food was excellent. I can't fault this establishment or their staff. Well done guys, you get my vote and I will return! The pork fillet was amazing.

• Visited November 2012
karmawaters, Owner at Karma Waters, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you again for taking the time to review us and appreciate our acknowledgement. At Karma waters, we are always striving to please our customers even once they have left the restaurant. So it makes me feel like we are on the right path when you've given us a 2nd chance and returned and better still, totally enjoyed the experience.

Thank you for your support and dedication to Karma waters Restaurant and we look forward to seeing you again soon at Karma waters.