“Chamberlain, Invercargill, NZ”

Sailport Mooloolaba Apartments
Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand
“Chamberlain, Invercargill, NZ”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have just returned from 10 wonderful nights at Sailport, this is our second time staying and again we loved it! Our apartment was extremely clean and Mark and Karen so hospitible! See you next year! Many thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jo C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights (27-30 July 13) in room 32. Everything you could wish for for a weekend away. The rooftop rooms are great. So roomy and with all the facilities you could possibly need. Directly opposite the wharf and Underwater World. Within easy short walking distance to cafes & beaches. Surprisingly quiet even though in the central hub of Mooloolaba. Hosts Karen and Mark are lovely, friendly & extremely accommodating. Rooms lovely & clean.
My husband and I both work in hotels and regularly do the rounds of different hotels/motels on the Sunshine Coast. This is up there as one of the best we've stayed in. No lift to higher rooms so 46 stairs to get there, so not suitable for wheelchair or disabled, but so worth it
Would recommend this one, easily.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have exclusive balcony access which is HUGE! Love the double bathroom/ double toilet...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DollyDoily
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Sailport with our three daughters aged 2-9 yrs. We stayed in a three bedroom apartment overlooking the marina. We were on the second floor so high enough for a nice view of the marina but not too far to hike up the stairs with a 2 yr old.
The apartments were clean and tidy and it was great for us to have a three bedroom apartment so the kids could spread out a bit. Also great to have our own laundry and kitchen facilities when travelling with kids. I did think I should use the kitchen more but we ended eating out every night as we were so close to everything!
I like the fact the apartments weren't serviced though this may not be for everyone. It was nice just to have the space to ourselves. The kids loved the pool(heated to 26 degrees) even though it wasn't warm enough for me to swim!! Great to have the spa pool for us parents to sit in and watch the kids.
Our only complaint was the weather but what can you do about that?? I did actually find it a bit chilly in the lounge in the evenings as there is no heating there. But I realise that it was colder than usual when we were there and keeping cool is usually the problem not the reverse(and I'm pretty wimpy with the cold) I just put on extra layers. Karen and Mark are great and I'm sure they would have sorted something if I asked. There is a fan in the lounge area and air conditioning in the bedrooms. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was our second time staying at Sailport. We found the rooms very clean and comfortable. The managers were so friendly and went out of their way for us, leaving us beach and pool toys for our children. The pool and spa area have recently been renovated and were a perfect temperature for when we stayed. The location is good, it was a short walk to the beach, esplanade and wharf with really nice views from our apartment. We would definitely recommend these apartments.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J0s1e
Camden NSW
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spacious, very clean, modern apartments. Location is perfect. Close to beach, marina, Underwater World, food etc. Would recommend you bring your own wireless internet as the wi-fi is run by an independent company. The management were fantastic. Very welcoming and friendly. They went over and beyond for us. I had trouble using a front loading washing machine and they came and started it for me. During our holiday I explained to the manager that I had scraped the side of my car against a wooden pole and there was paint all across the bottom of my car. I was worried about the cost to fix it up. He said he would take a look at it, to my surprise when i went to my car he had completely buffed the side of my car and all the paint was gone. My 11 yr old daughter loved the heated pool. We loved it so much we did not want to leave. Will definately come back to Sailport. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ireland
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Clean and well furnished apartment. Good rooms. A warm welcome from helpful reception staff. Good location close to restaurants, shops, bars etc. Good views of the marina from our front facing unit. However wifi run independently and a little expensive.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank TouristMM1X
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After reading some bad reviews on other appartments my wife was worried about how clean the place would be well you neednt be worried here this place is really like the pictures show, we had a third floor two bedroom with a balcony and a complete roof terrace overlooking the marina ,just beautiful views! On both sides, considering some of the variable reviews wed seen i must reccomend this place.

• Stayed July 2012