We've been holidaying at Mooloolaba for many years now, and it was last year that my husband found Malibu online and we stayed there with our two young children. We loved it so much we came back this year and have recommended it to many of our friends - this will be our holiday spot for the years to come!
The location is unbeatable, right above the coffee shops and straight across the road from the beach. We only ever took our car out if we were going to Sunshine Plaza.
We have stayed in unit 5 (ground floor) both times. The ground floor units are perfect for us, as the fence is higher than the normal balcony being a pool fence. This meant that we could let the kiddies play out in the courtyard without having to stress about them pushing furniture from the raised decking up to the fence and having an accident, there was also no chance either of them had the strength to open the gate.Ground floor also meant we had easy access to the pool which was lovely. Compared to other units on the coast (and we saw one as friends of ours stayed a night in a different complex) the unit we stayed in was very well laid out and comfortable with the bedrooms being far away form the living areas. There was also a second courtyard with access from both bedrooms. Another little hideaway with a sunbed, perfect for relaxing and reading a book. Rooms were all very spacious, clean and the kitchen had everything we needed.
Brian couldn't have been more helpful throughout our stay. He is so lovely, always chatters away to the kids and was very pro-active in ensuring we enjoyed our time. If we ever needed anything it was never any trouble. We also found the lady who did our mid-stay room service to be incredibly lovely and welcoming.
In short, we can't recommend Malibu enough. It is great value for money, centrally located, staff are wonderful and the unit we've stayed in both times has been perfect for us! Can't wait until Nov/Dec 2012 for our next family holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Heart of Mooloolaba - walk out the front door to all the shops and cafes of Mooloolaba Esplanade. Park you car and walk to everything. Malibu offers an Unbeatable Location at an affordable price. We stride to offer the best value for money on the Sunshine Coast. Surf, Swim, Beach and Sun what more could you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malibu Mooloolaba Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibu Mooloolaba Holiday Apartments Hotel Mooloolaba
- Malibu Mooloolaba Holiday Apartments Sunshine Coast