“Excellent weekend away”

Windward Apartments
Reviewed August 8, 2010

5 friends and I had never left our city of the Gold Coast and wanted to try a weekend away.
Plenty of hotels turned us down because there was 6 of us but Windward happily accomodated our needs.
We had a lovely spacious and clean three bedroom apartment, beachfront.
It was an amazing weekend away and we were talking about it weeks upon weeks after we left.
Check in was simple and check out was even easier.
The balcony was lovely and large and the view of the city and beach was amazing.
I seriously cannot say a bad word about this hotel.

Thankyou so much for the opportunity to stay

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 15, 2010

My Mother, sister and I escape every Mothers day to spoil ourselves as we are all Mothers. The last 6 years we have stayed in Sydney however after staying at the Windward last July 2009 with my family we decided this is the place we want to escape to !! We had a beautiful apartment and nightly enjoyed the spa bath and the views from our balcony. We will definately return next year if not sooner!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Excellent location with superb view of the ocean and within a few minutes walk of the beach, an array of cafes, restaurants and bars as well as a supermarket . The Mooloolaba Wharf and Underwater World, are also within walking distance, which makes it even more enticing to the younger members of the family.
I checked the usual internet accommodation sites to get a feel for the price of apartments in the Sunshine Coast and, after narrowing it down to two, rang both places directly. I have found that a phone call can make a world of difference to your booking by seeing how the managers look after their clients. This was most certainly true in this case as it was my conversation with the manager which helped me decide upon Windward Apartments.
Our huge apartment was on the 4th floor and newly renovated with a private balcony overlooking the ocean. As we only needed two bedrooms, one was closed off, but we still had the luxury of two bathrooms, a well equipped kitchen, lounge and dining room big enough for a family of 6.
We found the noise from the street a bit much at night when trying to watch tv but ended up closing the balcony doors and turning on the air conditioner, which solved the problem. The bedrooms are situated along a very long hall way to the back of the units which meant the street noise was not as bad.
The pool, spa, bbq area, billiards room , kids games room and mini gym are all modern, very clean and inviting.
Although this is an older building, it is well looked after and we certainly would recommend it to others who are looking for space, location, comfort and great views, noting that the higher up you are the better the view should be.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Our stay in this unit was enjoyable, The location is very good. The unit block is an older block but very clean. It is close to cafes and shopping. It looks over the beach with a lovely sea freeze all day around. At nights the front balcony is a little noisy as the unit is on a busy street. All the bedrooms are to the back of the unit so you do not hear the street noise .....sleeping.
The management are very professional.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed at Windward from 1st - 4th March. The apartments were a great size, modern and great value. Highly recommend to anyone visiting the Sunshine Coast. Didn't see much sunshine will have to come back again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We arrived early and management worked hard to get our room ready. They happily stored our luggage and let us use the facilities till the eoom was ready. Large 3 bedroom apartment. Great kitchen, decked out very well. Nice balcony with furniture and a great view of the ocean. Handy location to coles. Nice stroll to shops, restaurants and patrolled surf beach. Kids had lots of fun the pool. After having driven past some of the fancier looking apartments we were initally a little disappointed with facade, however looks can deceiving and lucky for us that was true in this case. For the same money at a larger place we would have missed out on the beautiful ocen views.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I booked the Windward Apartments based on location and value for money - I wanted an ocean view with a balcony - as I was staying for nine nights. My first impression was WOW This is Huge! I had booked a one bedroom apartment and was pleasantly surprised with the amenities - two bathrooms and a very spacious living area with a full kitchen.
Prior to that I was impressed that on arrival from NZ a message had been left on my cellphone ensuring I had the correct combination to access my apartment as I was arriving after hours.
I had been to Mooloolaba one other time and had stayed a block back from the beach - I would definitely recommend beachfront accommodation, as even though the weather was a bit damper and overcast than I would have liked - the temp was still high 20's and the view from the balcony was great. The location of the Windward Apartments is excellent - the supermarket is two minutes walk away, and the start of the shopping and dining area of Mooloolaba is one minute away.
My only complaint was that the ceiling fan in the bedroom was a bit noisy if left on, but then the room would get too warm without it. I ended up opening the windows instead to get some air into the room - so easily remedied.
I would definitely recommend these apartments to others - and intend to come back.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple