Tripadvisor
Gympie

“Ok but i wouldnt go on about it.”
Review of Gympie RSL Club

Gympie RSL Club
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Gympie
Cuisines: Australian
Description: The Gympie RSL Club is centrally located right in the heart of Gympie. The Club provides great facilities including: • Affordable Meals • Live Entertainment • Regular Promotions • Raffles • Members Draws It is a great place for friends and family to catch up in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Steers Steakhouse Hours Lunch 12 Noon - 2.30pm Dinner Mon - Thursday 6pm - 8.30pm Friday & Saturday 5.30pm - 9pm
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Unfortunately it wasnt the best experience but i will go back and try another day - just on case they had an off day.
Cheers for being all around the country.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed January 9, 2020

My wife and I have been coming to this club and restaurant for four years. Recently the menu and chef have changed ---- for the worse. My wife was served two 200gm rumps instead of a 400gm rump, there is a difference, I ordered a chicken caesar burger which I would rather not talk about. This was the third time in a row that we were disappointed with their food. Three strikes and you're are out in my opinion. We really felt for the staff as they were aware of problems in the kitchen for some time.

Date of visit: December 2019
GympieRSLClub, Promotions & Marketing Manager at Gympie RSL Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Hi,
We are SO sorry that you have have been continually disappointed recently.

We understand that your time and money are valuable and would love an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

We’ve had MANY hurdles in more recent times, and hopefully once we launch our Brand New Menu with our Brand New Head Chef later this month- those problems will be a thing of the past.

Please reach out to us via email at promo@gympiersl.com.au so we can rectify this situation ASAP.

Warm wishes for the new year
From all the team @ Gympie RSL

Reviewed December 31, 2019

What happened to RSL these day ?
They looked changed their menu these day.
Rib steak was chewy as if I was eating ramp steak. I wonder they might have mistook rib steak with ramp steak.

Service for children was very good and staff member’s attitude as well.

Creme brûlée also wasn’t on the menu anymore. That’s the saddest thing.

Date of visit: January 2020
GympieRSLClub, Promotions & Marketing Manager at Gympie RSL Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear this?
We have an amazing local butcher who supplies our steaks - so we will definitely have this matter looked into as a matter of priority. This is most certainly not how any of our steaks are presented.

We do have a brand new menu coming out later this month
Perhaps you could give us a chance to redeem ourselves?

Please email us promo@gympiersl.com.au to arrange a voucher as a token of our apology.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

Had lunch at Gympie rsl on the budget. I had the roast of the day (Lamb) which was nice,however was let down by the burnt potatoes. The Lamb was tasty and my partner ordered the fish which was burnt as well. Maybe they need a new cook at this place.

Date of visit: December 2019
GympieRSLClub, Promotions & Marketing Manager at Gympie RSL Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Happy New Year

We are DEEPLY saddened by your review! We always like to deliver great service and quality meals.

We’d love an opportunity to redeem ourselves?

Please email us so we can rectify.

promo@gympiersl.com.au

Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

We had dinner in the Steakhouse on a Tuesday night. The club was relatively quiet but a good healthy crowd in for dinner which is a good sign. The service is very friendly, the meal portion sizes very generous. I felt the menu had a good spread and the food quality of a high standard. My friends are regular customers and I can see why. I can highly recommend this venue.

Date of visit: October 2019