“Best place to watch the world pass by”
Review of Sunny's at Moffat

Sunny's at Moffat
Ranked #37 of 207 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Moffat Beach, there is definitely something about this picture perfect location that just keeps people coming back. And no wonder with Sunny's at Moffat's wonderful food combined with the perfect weather and our stunning views that can be seen from every table.Head chef, owner and Moffat Beach local, Sunny Moore has a passion for cooking and combined with stunning location keeps it alive all year round. Only the freshest, local produce is used with ingredients sourced from around the Sunshine Coast. The menu changes seasonally with old favourites remaining for our loyal customers that continue to return.With options covering big breakfasts, to lazy long lunches and delicious dinners there is always something to entice. The specials board constantly changes and gives the customers an insight into upcoming menu changes.Sunny's at Moffat is a family run business that loves to get to know you the customer just as well as we know all our staff members.We encourage that warm, comfortable, laid back atmosphere, that we love to work in and we know you enjoy.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Great cafe food at reasonable prices. Went with a large group of friends and everyone found something they liked on the menu. Food arrived quickly and quality was great. Finished with an excellent coffee. All this worth it, but the spectacular view was an added bonus. Fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Sunny's at Moffat

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We had breakfast at Sunny's while on holidays and the gentleman who served us was lovely, as was the food. So much so that the next day we took the extended family for lunch. The service was just not the same. The lady who took our order seemed annoyed to do so and her attitude didn't change, even though the restaurant was quiet. I was ordering for two small children so asked if their whiting had bones (as I know sometimes it does), and was told it didn't have any. When the meals came out, i started to cut up the kid's meal only to find it full of bones. I took it inside to tell the waitress that it contained bones and she told me they were edible bones and it wasn't a problem. This wouldn't have bothered me if I hadn't specifically asked about bones. No offer to provide something else and no apology, just more of the same sour looks. It's a shame that one staff member can ruin your impression of a business.

3  Thank Mames17
Reviewed August 26, 2014

My husband and l have eaten at this restaurant many times and had only good things to say until today. Popped in for lunch today. 26th August 2014. There was a staff member who was nothing short of being one of the rudest people l have ever meet. I found a bone, bones in my filleted fish!! Was told well its fish. We eat out often and l often order fish. But it wasn't so much the bones. It was more her attitude. No offer of having something else, no sorry will sort that out for you. And we were charged even though l didn't eat it. Oh that's right. We were given a discount. The people we employ reflect on our business. So god help this restaurant. Do not eat at this restaurant. I will also make sure l put as many reviews on as many sites as l can to warn people.. Shame on you guys.

7  Thank tuzaPortDouglas
sunny m, Owner at Sunny's at Moffat, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

After many visits to our restaurant it is quite discerning that you have only found the time to comment on the negative. In fact on this website only two reviews in five years and both negative. I'm guessing the rudeness you are referring to in my staff member may have stemmed from you clicking your fingers and waving abrubtly whilst said staff member was at another table taking an order. I'm also guessing that you forgot to divuldge your problem with swallowing to oour staff upon arrival so a more suitable meal choice could of been suggested. The staff member DID ask you if there was anything that could be done or if a meal replacement could be supplied and was told NO. Apologies were given along with a discount as you did receive the meal that you ordered.

My staff have been with me for years and do reflect on my business yes. POSITIVELY. We have been open over 8 years now, yet not one positive review from you in all that time. Maybe supporting local business is not in your spectrum of improtance but it is in mine. Choosing to bad mouth a business in a public forum is showing a lack of decorum on your behalf not ours. You had the oppourtunity to speak to me personally on premise yesterday but chose not to. Why? Unfortunately in this day and age this is why social media is anything but that. It lets people hide behind a screen with a keyboard instead of getting to know lovely people that work hard to make your experience enjoyable. We love our jobs and the people we work with and the customers that become like family to us, in person, every day, in real time.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Do great lunches that are good prices. A good variety available. Staff very friendly and attentive. Atmosphere great and a view of the ocean to go with it. Could have sat their all day.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Spur of the moment decision to try this Restaurant, and were not disappointed. The Roasted garlic/parmesan bread in itself, was the worth the drive. Best we have ever tasted.
Even though it was a quiet night, the service wasn't pushy, and we were able to sit and chat before the mains were delivered. All mains were generous sizes, came to the table hot, and all most enjoyable. The drinks list is quite extensive, and very well priced. Service came with a smile, which all helped make it a most enjoyable dining experience.
Think our next visit will be for lunch, so we can enjoy the great view of Moffat Beach.