“Terrible”

Villa Tango
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Don't go it was so bad seafood not good. All meals average the only thing that was eatable was steak, service terrible everything CRAP

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Bad experience. Lousy service. People actually left because they were tired of waiting for someone to take their order. Lousy food. The entree was brought out at the same time as our main meals. Dishes and drinks were dumped on our table. One waitress complained to us about another staff member. The oysters were served on alfoil. Not appealing. The pasta was swimming in sauce. Yuck. The pizza was nothing special. Don't waste your time or money on this place.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Villa Tango doesn't look like much and the service is pretty average, but our meals were quite good - if a little inconsistent. My partner loved his steak, chips and salad, and the pastas we spotted other diners eating looked great. The restaurant also does freshly made pizzas for eat in or take away, and these seemed a popular choice for many.

My meal, on the other hand, had some great components, but was on the whole a bit average. While my steak was overdone and tough, the Morton Bay bugs accompanying it were perfect and served in a lovely white wine and cream sauce. I enjoyed the sauce - very flavoursome - but there was too much of it and my steak was drowning in it. The vegetables were also a bit of a downer, unfortunately - very mushy and seemed suspiciously like overcooked frozen vegetables.

I think Villa Tango is still worth a try - really, those pizzas were selling pretty quickly - but perhaps not the best place for steak?

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Read previous reviews and was naturally quite suspect. Had just four main courses..Three pasta dishes and one chicken parmigiano..All three pasta dishes where drowned in sauce particularly the ravioli. The chicken parmigiano looked good when it arrived, but as it turned out a very thin slice of chicken had been covered with four large slices of eggplant. .not impressed!

Probably wouldn't go back, but then where do you go for an affordable family meal in Caloundra?

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I agree with other reviewers, the service is bad, really bad. Clusters of family members sat around talking to staff, old worn furniture, our "waitress" could barely muster a smile and looked untidy. Also, I know it's Italian, but paper table covers, really? Although the service was poor I really enjoyed my meal. My husband asked if there was an alternative to veges with his dish and was offered chips & salad instead...no mention that this would cost extra until we paid the bill and were charged $5 extra. RUDE! Also, he commended the head waitress on the meal and asked what the sauce was, her reply, "I don't know, it's sauce"....

I would return for the tasty dish I had but the service was just disgusting.