“To hang with the expense - and I didn't think it was that expensive anyway.”

Blue Orchid Thai Restaurant
Reserve with
Blue Orchid Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 202 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Australia
“To hang with the expense - and I didn't think it was that expensive anyway.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food was fantastic - I have eaten a lot of Thai food and I have to say the Special Masaman was the best I've ever had.

• Visited January 2013

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Delicious fresh food”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Other people state that it's a bit expensive, but we spent more money on a rubbish meal at Hog's Breath the night before. I would say it's good value for money.
The food was fresh and delicious.
We did not have a booking, but the manager reorganised a couple of tables to fit our large family of 6 plus a pram.
The service was fantastic, with 2 wait staff providing prompt, but quiet service to the dining room. They stood at the entrance to the restaurant and greeted everyone who came up the stairs. Yes, the restaurant is up stairs on the first floor above shops. I did not notice any other way to arrive, so if you can't do stairs, then this might not be suitable for you.
Its places like this that help make a holiday a great one, and we will definitely return again when holidaying in Caloundra.
Overall, I would recommend this as a good dining option.

• Visited December 2012
Robina, Australia
“Slightly expensive, but delicious!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Have eaten here a few times now when we have been on holidays - the food is consistently very good and the staff friendly. Very fresh. About 30% more expensive than our "local" Thai where we live, but it was just as tasty. Kids loved it.

• Visited December 2012
Brisbane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive but good food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

This is not the cheapest Thai by a long shot, however it is very good Thai.

On this occasion, we ordered takeaway, and the food was just as good as in the restaurant. The Blue Orchid Duck was tasty, whilst the Special Massaman Beef was rich and luxurious. I don't think the 15 hours cooking made any difference though, as I have certainly had more tender beef. Next time we'll have the cheaper standard Massaman, and I bet it'll taste just as nice.

In-house diners will also enjoy the 2nd floor garden and romantically low-light ambience.

Caloundra, Queensland, Australia
“quality food and service”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Ate here for the first time in September and really enjoyed it. Have eaten at several Thai restaurants on the coast and with a husband who has lived in Thailand we can be choosy about the cuisine here in Australia, but even he enjoyed this dining experience.

Visited September 2012