We stayed here as a large family group in June 2007. We have stayed here before.
The Rolling Surf is at the Kings Beach end of Caloundra. This means it is a 10 minute walk from the main part of town, but this is more than made up for by the great beach front location with good surf.
The resort itself is very well maintained. We stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment this time on the gorund floor that had it's own BBQ and out side entertaining area. The living area is spacious and the kitchen well equipped. There is even a laundry with a dryer - great when travelling with an 8 month old like us!
The resort kindly provided a good portacot and high chair for our use. We hired a pram separately for $34 for the week - much better than lugging your own (we used Lincut services). The staff at the resort are very helpful.
There is a huge pool with lots of shallow spots for kids. It is heated but only gets the morning sun - great in summer but makes for cool swimming in winter. There is also a sauna and small gym - but who would use it when you can go for a run along the beach?
We will be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rolling Surf Resort takes pride as being the closest resort to the ocean. The resort has a 4 star AAA rating and has no roads to cross to the beach. Our spacious one, two and three bedroom apartments are fully self contained and comfortably furnished, our apartments offer varied views including the resorts pool, the ocean or private courtyard apartments. Enjoy relaxing on your balcony or exclusive rooftop area or why not stay in a pool entry apartment, you can swim right up to the balcony gate! When you're not enjoying Kings Beach, visiting the local attractions or touring the hinterland, take advantage of the following facilities; a spectacular resort pool that spans the entire length of the resort, sauna, fitness room, games room and BBQ entertainment area and free wireless internet access, you will find something to indulge every mood. The resort also features a beachfront restaurant, coffee shop & take away shop (external management). A short stroll away is Caloundra Town Centre with numerous restaurants, cafes and shops. Within easy access to all that the Sunshine Coast has to offer and an unbeatable location right on Kings Beach, Rolling Surf Resort is the ideal choice for your next Sunshine Coast holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rolling Surf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rolling Surf Hotel Caloundra
- Rolling Surf Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia