“Average hotel, prime view.”

Pumicestone Blue Resort
“Average hotel, prime view.”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed at this 'resort'. For a resort I didn't think it met the average standard of a resort. Although the rooms were large, the hotel had no atmosphere and it felt unclean. The reception also closed at night which is a bit of unconvince. Although a positive is that the view is gorgeous from the pool top.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Madeleineb1

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
brisbane
Reviewed February 22, 2012

had a great time,pool spa very good and di and kerrie are very helpfull,we stayed in sub/pent 1002and it was a let down we will not be booking 1002 again,needs to have a good upgrade,but the rest of the stay was great. john.c

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We only stayed for 1 night but the hotel was awesome. On the 9th floor and the view was to die for. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and accomodating. Parking was a breeze. Slightly noisy on verandah but very small complaint. Will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the higher floor rooms although I was told the view was the same from each...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bettydog2
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have just come back from an overnight stay, it was okay. I always ask for the highest floor available so I get a good view, but all I could see from the sofa was rooftops & a small amount of water from the balcony. On the plus side my apartment was clean & comfortable. The bed was great & I slept really well, which is always a plus when you're overnighting somewhere new. I booked a 1brm & was given a 2brm with instructions not to use the rooms I didn't book, which is fair enough, I was on my own, so not a problem, but the apartment was quite small & I'm not sure how I would feel about sharing it with 3 other people. The ensuite was tiny (glad I was on my own, or i would have been tempted to use the other bathroom) The sofa is way to close to the tv to be comfortable. The small kitchen was well equipped, it had everything you would need if you were there for a longer stay. I booked this apartment for the rooftop pool as it looked amazing in the pics, unfortunately the weather was off, so I didn't get to hang out up there and read a book, but it would have been nice if the sun was shining! And lastly, it is located on the main road in town, so can get a little noisy, you can't really watch tv with the balcony door open because of the road noise. But easy to walk everywhere if you don't have a car, and there was no noise that kept me awake at night.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Mel_GoldCoast
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Worst service I have ever received, we were charged extra cost for no reason, without our permission and spoken to horribly. Managers were very unorganized and unprofessional. Bedrooms were small, beds uncomfortable, air conditioning not even working. Do yourself a favour and do not book here.

Room Tip: Overpriced, bad service, uncomfortable
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank where_2_go_amy
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Both my husband & I loved staying @ Pumicestone Blue Resort. It's location is @ the bottom end of Bulcock Street & in walking distance to most restaurants, cafe, etc. & approx. 10 minute walk to Stockland Shopping Centre. We found the staff very co-operative & friendly. We especially were impressed not only with the tariff, facilities & views, but the security that is provided. We definately will be staying there again & to think only a 1 hour's drive from our home @ Carseldine. The resort seems very organised & we would highly recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kayetemp
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I came up to Caloundra to visit extended family, and stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment at the hotel with my family. Though most of our time wasn't spent at the hotel, for the time we were there we experienced poor service and faulty rooms.

The door to our apartment didn't lock, and during the night we had to push a chair against the door after someone came into our apartment. The door got fixed towards the end of our stay, however the handy man fixing the door locked himself into our apartment - which added to the stress. As well as the faulty door, the shower in the master bedroom was also damaged, and didn't get fixed during our stay and the airconditioner leaked water onto the bench.

During our stay, we finished the toilet paper and laundry detergent we were given. When we went down to reception to ask for more, we were told that what was provided in our room was a 'starter pack' and anything else we required could either be bought at reception or at a supermarket. A basic neccesity like toilet paper should've been provided by the hotel, especially at the price we were paying.

Our apartment had a kitchenette which we used during our stay. Although we ate out some nights, when we used the kitchen to cook dinner there wasn't adaquate cooking utensils. We weren't provided with enough saucepans/frypans and a chopping board. Due to the lack of chopping boards, we were forced to use dinner plates to cut vegetables on.

To sum up Pumiestone Blue Resort, the place is faulty, unclean and has bad service. For the price we payed, it certainly wasn't worth it, and I suggest you look at staying at another place. The staff have a bad attitude, the rooms are faulty and the service is poor.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family