Husband and I spent 3 nights at Pelican Waters and Golf Resort Spa to celebrate our 8 years anniversary. Unfortunately, we didn't expect it would be a very dull place. The place itself needs renovation as it has changed into a new management. Service was poor. Receptionists need more training handling guests especially the newly arrived guests who just travelled the whole day to get there. There were no smiles and "hellos" "welcome" but a finger pointing at us to wait. We waited for 10 minutes, patiently. We stayed there for 3 days and no one has greeted us "hello", "good morning" nor "hi". We only had contact with them when we checked in and checked out of the hotel. As a couple who are used to going to hotels, we find this very odd.
"Free breakfast" was atrocious as we were told we can not have the hot meal (e.g. eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown). If we were to get from the hot buffet servings, we were told to pay a certain amount. Thus, our "free breakfast" were the cereals, bread and coffee.
The location is very remote. There are no shops nearby. The nearest is 30-40 minutes walk. If you love to walk 1.5 kilometres to buy a drink, this is your place. This resort is secluded and good only for people who travelled with their own car. Car park is also very scarce.
"Heated pool" was very cold!
On the contrary, we had a spa tub in our room which was the only positive mark after such a looong walk to and back the shops. Gym was accessible and free for guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa is situated just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane International & Domestic Airports, 40 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and only minutes from Sunshine Coast beaches.This 4 star resort provides the perfect getaway retreat with breathtaking views of the heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains, the Greg Norman designed championship Golf Course, Pelican Waters Golf Club and the seaside city of Caloundra and the Pacific Ocean.The hotel boasts excellent facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers with stylish guest rooms and apartments suitable for individuals right through to families staying one night or longer. There are plenty of opportunities to relax by our resort pool & heated lap pool, take a leisurely stroll or just relax with a good book and watch the world roll by. For the more energetic, you can dust off the golf clubs and play a round of 18 holes of golf. For those who want to be pampered, spoil yourself with a treatment at Pelican Waters Resort Day Spa.The Sunshine Coast enjoys a pleasant year round climate with average temperatures of 17 - 28 degrees in summer and 10 - 23 degrees in winter. Our region boasts many diverse, exciting and natural attractions from the popular Australia Zoo, UnderWater World, Big Kart Track and Aussie World to the famous Eumundi Markets, or a simple day of lazing on one of our many beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters Hotel Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Caloundra
- Ramada Caloundra
- Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia