We chose this resort based on it being a 4.5 star property for our romantic getaway. However we struggle to understand how it can be 4.5 star given what we came across. Entering the room we were met with a considerable amount of flying moths and midgies leaving us no choice but to contact reception to request for some insect spray. A staff member attended shortly after and agreed they were bad and can be caused by leaving the doors open of which we hadn't had time to do anything meaning the room had flying insects in it prior to our arrival. After that comment we didn't bother mentioning the fact that it was clearly obvious given the entire room was pre lit that two separate lights were not working. No great cause for concern but not what we expect of 4.5 stars. Worse was to come after getting into the spa. We couldn't help but be disgusted by the sheer amount of dust that had appeared on the surface of the bubbles leaving us to wonder what on earth we were bathing in? We had to take a shower in order to feel clean after bathing in that filth. Neither of us were in the mood to have a staff member come back again at that hour but we took photos to assist you in an explanation. After waking the next morning with the bubbles receded we took more photos as the filth was much more evident in the spa. We also couldn't help but notice that we had spent the night in a very poorly cleaned room. As we checked in during the night the dust around the light fittings, above the bedhead and on the walls wasn't evident until the light of day. We mentioned our concerns during checkout and we were provided with contact details of the operations manager with the assurance that our concerns would be addressed. Being charged $175 for the night we certainly didn't expect to have any distractions.
Also as we checked out we raised the question why we had a spare wine bottle tag in the room on arrival that we didn't think much of at the time until reading it the next morning. The response we got from the staff member was that she thought that there should have been one bottle of white wine and one bottle of the red. So we asked if that was the case how the room was made available for us to check in if there were things missing . She then had to double check with another staff member to confirm that was the policy. No explanation was given as to why the tag was left without the bottle.
It's blatantly obvious that this resort doesn't value the opinion of their customers as we're still waiting for any explanation of the issues we raised over two weeks ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa is situated just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane International & Domestic Airports, 40 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and only minutes from Sunshine Coast beaches.This 4 star resort provides the perfect getaway retreat with breathtaking views of the heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains, the Greg Norman designed championship Golf Course, Pelican Waters Golf Club and the seaside city of Caloundra and the Pacific Ocean.The hotel boasts excellent facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers with stylish guest rooms and apartments suitable for individuals right through to families staying one night or longer. There are plenty of opportunities to relax by our resort pool & heated lap pool, take a leisurely stroll or just relax with a good book and watch the world roll by. For the more energetic, you can dust off the golf clubs and play a round of 18 holes of golf. For those who want to be pampered, spoil yourself with a treatment at Pelican Waters Resort Day Spa.The Sunshine Coast enjoys a pleasant year round climate with average temperatures of 17 - 28 degrees in summer and 10 - 23 degrees in winter. Our region boasts many diverse, exciting and natural attractions from the popular Australia Zoo, UnderWater World, Big Kart Track and Aussie World to the famous Eumundi Markets, or a simple day of lazing on one of our many beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters Hotel Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Caloundra
- Ramada Caloundra
- Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia