“Not what we were expecting”

Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I looked on the wotif website and found Caloundra central apartment hotel and I thought it sounded good. My partner and I were staying 2 nights in a studio room for $115 per night with being able to upgrade to breakfast for 2 for $133 per night but due to work my partner couldn't make it so my dad came along instead and he slept on the couch. When we got there we were able to check in early cause the room was ready which was good. Morning came and the sun shined right in the room and I couldn't sleep and not a very good view of the ocean either. We went down for breakfast and lucky I took my wallet because they charged extra $5 each for bacon and egg breakfast. I complained because I had already paid to upgrade this to a decent and the staff said that when I upgraded it was only for a basic breakfast. If I had know this I would never have paid extra for cereal. The room was quite small and a bit smelly. We stayed on Saturday and Sunday night. Come Monday morning the dining room was closed on Mondays so we could have breakfast again and I wasn't going to pay for breakfast again when I already paid for it when I first booked the room. When I complained to reception on sunday morning they were quite rude and didn't really wanna listen plus I gave them a $100 bond incase anything got broken thank goodness it didn't. Monday morning came and we got our $100 bond back and couldn't wait to get out of there. Too overpriced for shocking service. Would not recommend or stay here ever again!

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view if you can get one. Make sure you know what your getting yourself into thou...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank wingnut12836

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here last week on a business trip and found the rooms to be clean and spacious. They are simple - but the studio's have a microwave and a fridge and my colleague who was in a 1 bedroom found it to be very well equipped. My studio/ hotel room was a little dark and depressing with the only window opening to a walk way. The biggest problem was the fact there was no phone reception in my room nor was there an in room telephone. To make matters worse, the hotel's internet was down - making it very difficult to communicate with my fellow work mates.

Room Tip: If you don't like traffic noise - make sure you request a room NOT on the road side
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thankyou for reviewing our property. We now have all phones back in the room which were being serviced and Free Wi-Fi access to all rooms. We look forward to you seeing us again. The new Managers Caloundra Central Apartments

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment here which was extremely spacious. Huge kitchen area, laundry facilities, living room with flat screen tv and also a lovely bedroom and en suite. The apartment also had two toilets which was very handy. All rooms were spotless and well presented. Modern, great air con. Also loved the balcony which was huge compared to anywhere else we stayed in australia. We used the pool facilities which were great, particularly enjoyed the lovely warm jacuzzi!!! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful on check in and we also had a great pizza from the restaurant downstairs. We also had free wifi and parking which we were thrilled with! If we ever come to caloundra again we would definitely stay here!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again
Kind regards Management and staff

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here on a Tuesday night with myself, partner and my son. We were put in a room which had recently been painted which was very unpleasant but once mentioned to reception they got our Room changed Whilst we enjoyed the pool and spa. Once moved with out any fuss from the staff the new room was perfect and very comfy. Staff was so friendly Ana attentive. Very tidy and clean place. Will be coming back to stay very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thankyou for your kind review and painting is now completed and looking good. Look forward to seeing you again Kind regards Management and staff Caloundra Central Apartments

Reviewed February 21, 2014

At first, it's not so central as you might think. A car is essential to get anywhere. Our studio room was tiny - not what we expected of "executive" room, how it was called on their website. Big window faced a public corridor which for its turn faced a highway, so it was quite noisy in early morning. There was only one section working properly in the aircon, so it took a lot of time to get some cool air. Kettle had queer black stains inside and a slight chemical smell (was replaced at reception). Some of kithenware wasn't cleaned up properly. Fan in the bathroom didn't work.
On a bright side, lady at the reception was very nice and friendly, the room was clean in general, wi-fi was free and pretty fast, undercovered parking was also useful. All right for an overnight stay, but for a longer stay may not be comfortable.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thankyou for taking the time to review our property and as the new Managers will take your comments on board Kind regards

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My second visit to the Sunshine Coast for accommodation - Unlike the first stay at Merrima Court Holidays this place was a breath of fresh air - From the moment I walked into the room I felt happy that I'd chosen to stay at this well presented and clean accommodation!
The apartment was spacious, clean and fresh looking completed with a fabulous view of the ocean!

Room Tip: Apartment with view of coastline
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lindsayroy

Thankyou for taking the time to offer us such a positive review. I will share this with the staff. Look forward to seeing you again Kind regards

Reviewed January 26, 2014

don't book a single bedroom apartment, unfortunately we did. They say they are spacious ,they are anything but with just enough room to walk either side of the bed. They put a microwave and television in the room and call it an apartment, the ensuite is also extra small with hardly enough room to dry yourself. Would not recommend and would never stay there again. Booked through Wotif below standard for money. Room very stuffy even with air running all night.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin N

Thankyou for your review of our property and I hope you give us a try again as new Managers. The 1 ,2 and3 bedroom apartments have spacious separate lounge/dining/kitchen and large balcony overlooking the pool area. The single room with ensuite are our studio's Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Best Western Plus Lake Kawana Hotel
#2 of 2 in Dicky Beach
Pumicestone Blue Resort
Pumicestone Blue Resort
#12 of 52 in Caloundra

Been to Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!