“terrible tavern”

GBT - Golden Beach Tavern
Ranked #49 of 203 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Whatever your dining pleasure, GBT has it covered. We pride ourselves on our friendly personal service and attention to detail all the way. Enjoy Caloundra's finest food in quiet and luxurious air conditioned comfort in our Restaurant. Or if you're after a quality meal in an informal atmosphere, look no further than Alfresco's Cafe. There's a Kids' Room with movies and electronic games to keep the littlies occupied - and video monitors in all dining locations, so you can keep an eye on them. Come to GBT for your next family occasion, date night or business meeting - we'll make sure you have a great time!
brisbane
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“terrible tavern”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

i got there at abt 12 ish. got seated and given a menu. i asked what the special of the day was. the waitress (alley) who would have to be one the worst waiter's iv met, said ahhh nah there isnt one today, and walked off. we sat waiting for her to come back for 10 mins. i gave up walked up n order'd at the counter, had to repeat my oder several times. ended up pointing to what i wanted. I orderd two 8 dollar PRE MADE SANDWICHES, thinking they'd be out in 5min's. nope half aan hr later i had to go ask where my food is, they said to me they had forgot. man did that hit a nerve ay. how do u FORGET. all they had to do was bring a pre made meal to my table. a monkey could do a better job. any way cos i pay when i order at the counter they had no intrest at all abt what i had to say when i finished my dry old chicken sandwich. they were rude and dont care. i feel like i got ripped, and would never go back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank nat w
Brokshap, Public Relations Manager at GBT - Golden Beach Tavern, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hello Nat,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write this response. We are very disappointed that this experience occurred, I can guarantee that this is not what our service is like here at the GBT and we would very much like to prove that. Could you please urgently contact myself Brooke Sharp on email marketing@gbt.com.au or phone 0402 388 991 to discuss this matter further.

Brooke Sharp

Caloundra, Australia
“Underwhelming!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Visited after recent renovations. Thought the menu was a little bland. 4 or 5 salad dishes, 1/2 dozen pizzas and 1/2 dozen mains. I had a prawn pizza - huge serve - but could only taste bacon and chilli which overtook any flavour the prawns might have had. Could also have spent a few more minutes in the oven - base was soggy. My husband had a steak which he had requested to be cooked "medium". Steak was raw and cold in the middle. Dianne sauce was served on the plate with chips on top and steak on top of soggy chips. However, service was quick and staff were polite and efficient. Probably would not go back in a hurry.

• Visited March 2013
Thank Karen and Sheri... T
Brokshap, Public Relations Manager at GBT - Golden Beach Tavern, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Karen,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We have just changed the menu here at the GBT to incorporate some of our previous patrons favourites and some new additions to mix it up. We would like to apologise for the food you received on your recent visit and assure you that that is definitely not our usual standard. We do hope you will return to the GBT soon, and when you do please make yourself known to either John Cattanach or Brooke Sharp as myself or John would love to talk to you about your experience here at the GBT and ensure that it doesnt happen again.

Once again thank you Karen for your feedback and we hope you return to the GBT soon to have a real experience on what great food we to offer.
Brooke Sharp.
Ottershaw, United Kingdom
“better than average pub”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were taken to lunch here and thought the menu was well above the usual pub fare. The staff were friendly attentive and helpful and the food was good, and not bad value for money. THe emi outdoor seating was pleasant and the atmosphere better than your usual pub.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Michael J
Hello Michael,

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your experience here at the GBT! We have also just updated our menu adding some old favourites and combining with new additions you will have to come down and try something off the new menu!

We hope to see you soon to enjoy the atmosphere and the food again.

Thank you!
Brooke Sharp
Mooloolaba
“Great pizza”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time to visit the GBT. We wanted a quick meal before a show. The service was efficient and friendly my pizza was so good we will certainly be going back

Caloundra, Australia
“Complaint Deaf Ears”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have eaten many times at GBT and have never had a complaint service excellent and the meals top of the range... As a business owner on the sunny coast I know how important it is for customer satisfaction. My partner and myself decided to eat at GBT as we love the relaxed atmosphere since it has been refurbished WOW disappointment an understatement, I ordered the special Snapper, bit expensive but thought from past experience it would be nice, presentation beautiful, fish excellent that was it, the garnish was that full of oil I couldnt taste any ingredients that were present to accompany my fish, (infact I felt very ill and failed to finish the meal) being nice I mentioned to the waitress and duty manager with little response (I will mention it to the chef - BIG DEAL) so I payed my $32 for this meal (2 small pieces of snapper) What a joke .......
Sandy Kings Beach