I was going to rate this place 4 stars. I booked this place indirectly through a mantra website and there was no option of booking in the outdoor spa for a two bedroom on the site. So I assumed that since they were limited, it was first come first served or only if you specifically requested it. So I booked a two bedroom apartment with a special request of the rooftop spa. We got to the place and the receptionist said we had to pay and extra 50/night to book the rooftop spa in. She admitted that they have seen it in my request but they never contacted me to advise that it isn't possible. Customer service was disappointing, a simple phone call would made a world of difference. As we arrived, the card keys weren't working so we had to go back to reception. Second trip back to the room we were already weary and running out of patience, but the room was actually nice. Very modern and clean. Could be dusted off a little bit more, but it was better than we expected (reading all the reviews). We had a good time at this place.
One last disappointing thing was they advertised the rooms as having cable tv. It. Is. Not. Cable. TV. Only local channels are available. It probably wouldn't bother a lot of people but I was hoping to support a friend while on holidays, who was gonna be on foxtel sports and I totally missed it.
So I think 3 stars is fair for this resort. Customer service could be improved, and false advertising is a no no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Grand Pacific is an idyllic location for a resort holiday only 50 metres from Bulcock Beach. Choose from 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments available in garden, water view and roof top styles. The garden apartments have a private patio and garden views while the water view apartments feature a balcony and look out over the ocean and beyond to Pumicestone Passage. Roof top apartments have great views along with a private roof top or courtyard barbeque with a 4 seat outdoor spa bath. Apartments include air conditioning, cable TV, DVD player, balcony or patio, stereo system with CD and a spa bath is featured in most. From a prime waterfront location resort facilities include a heated lagoon pool and 2 spas, gym, games room for the kids, sauna and meeting facilities for up to 130 delegates. Nearby natural wonders include the Glasshouse Mountains, Blackhall Range National Park and Pumicestone Passage Marine Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Hotel Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Caloundra, Australia