“Great family holiday spot”

Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Brisbane, Australia
“Great family holiday spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We have just spent 5 days in a 2 bedroom rooftop unit (boardwalk) and I can honestly say it is one of the best family holiday destinations we have stayed at in a long time. The views were glorious, the unit spacious, clean and tidy and the private roof top spa and BBQ area were just fantastic. You can literally park your car and walk everywhere and the facilities are excellent. I loved sitting out on the balcony and watching the world pass by! Will definitely be returning as it was amazing value for money. Can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: The Thai restaurant underneath offers some of the best Thai food I have ever had!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AWILS24
BFFQ, Front Office Manager at Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear AWILS24,

Thank you for your positive comments on BreakFree Grand Pacific. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay and were able to enjoy so many of the resort facilities. The resort is located in a great position with everything you need within walking distance including shops, cafe's restuarants, beaches and public transport. We look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Grand Pacific for another memorable stay.

Kimberley Prziovski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tweed Heads, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a great time - everything so close by, secure parking, great pool area, clean and great views. It was great to have the main street and the beach either side. We'd love to come back for sure! I have nothing bad to say, that's for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sophie C

Thank you for your review on BreakFree Grand Pacific Resort. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use many of the resort facilities. We are proud to be able to offer so many great features including the Lagoon Style Pool, BBQ Area, Gym, Sauna and Games Room. We look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Grand Pacific for another enjoyable stay.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I am currently here at Grand Pacific and it is in a great location pool area very large and lots of seats and lilos to use. BBQ area is clean and big it is a well designed resort with back gate onto esplanade and front onto Bulcock St we will be back that's for sure

• Stayed September 2012
Dear NellaSp

Thank you for your comments on your stay at BreakFree Grand Pacific. It is great to read that you were able to enjoy the wonderful resort facilities including the Pool and BBQ Area. We look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Grand Pacific.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recently my husband and two children stayed in the 2 bedroom roof top apartment for the weekend, the space and location was great. Easy walk to everything including cinema's. I can not wait to return for another short getaway

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear YvonneSch

Thank you for your comments on BreakFree Grand Pacific Resort. Our roof top apartments are a popular choice for our guests as they have a private roof top area with Jacuzzi and BBQ. We are also located in a great spot right in the main street of Caloundra and across the road from the Pumicestone Passage. It is great to hear that you were able to enjoy these benefits during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Grand Pacific Resort.

wellington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed in the apartment 31(one bed) and loved it!
As soon as we walked in the door we were well on the way to a great holiday. The lady at the front desk was So cheerful, nice and friendly it made me feel more excited about my holiday ( So I would like to say thanks for the warm welcome Breakfree Resort, this was my 1st holiday after a illness it really brought a smile to my face.
We stayed for three nights and found our time went so fast.
The apartment was Big and even had two spa baths which was great! (inside and outside)
also such things as the washing machine and oven and fridge made it much easier for a longer stay. It was great to pop everything in the wash after a long day at the beach!
The pool was perfect and a good size, with a great view.

The decor is a little simple but over all suits the small beach town feel.
The location is great, a walk to two beaches, all shops, and the movies is a short walk up the main street.

We only checked out today but we liked it so much that we are already talking about going back :)

2 Thank street-j
grandpacgm, General Manager at Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at BreakFree Grand Pacific and our Front Office Team. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to Caloundra next time

Kind regards

Cosimo Ronconi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We went for a weekend getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We paid for this because breakfree approached our company to advertise and was always promoting about how good Breakfree hotels were. Therefore we decided to test it out for everyone.

Verdict - it is only worth a 2 star.........

We were on the first floor and we had a road view..... which was ok, nothing to complain about. Wasnt much traffic noise... the noise you get are from the slamming of doors at night... this goes on and on even at 11pm at night....the doors just bang and it could be an issue with the door closers but management should have a closer look at this to ensure that everyone can have a sound sleep at night.

Into the room we go. In the one bed room apartment, the door to the bed room is a sliding door, and there is ample space for you to store your clothes especially for us as it was only for a weekend. Room was clean but basic. One bedside table lamp was not working but that also wasnt an issue for us.

The bed was teriibly soft and felt like it has not been changed for the last 20 years even though it was clean... Pillows were very very very thin and soft as well.... but we lived with it. we never asked for more pillows.... if we could put up with things we will..... after all that's what hotels are...they are not HOME...

However, there are some things that are a necessity due to personal reasons.... so here goes my story about the bathroom...

The bathroom/toilet. Behind the door, they have installed a washing machine and a dryer. We did use the washing machine and the dial got stuck at the rinse cycle but no problem, we just turned it off and on a few times and when we knew it was clean enough, we just push the dial to the "drain" cycle.

Now.... in the bathroom, there is no walk in/walk out shower. The shower is actually in a spa tub. Except. it isou a very deep spa tub and it is built on an angle. I have hurt my knee cap and at the moment, it is very swollen and bending it is near impossible. While I can walk, I cant bend it to get into the tub. Also, for my husband who is 6 foot 2, he was saying that a bigger bloke would have problems getting into the tub as well. You would hit your head on the roof while showering !

Because of my knee problem, we decided to ask if there was a room with an alternative shower plan... the guy at the reception ( guy with an accent) said that all their one-bedroom apartment ONLY had spa tub type of layout. There is a spa outside in the balcony but it is outside.... so how could you shower there. he said i could go shower in the gym downstairs.... that is not feasible either.

So in the end, we just had to put up with it... luckily I am only 58kgs and 6 foot 5 so it wasnt hard for hubby to help me in and out but by saying that it meant that i have sit at the edge where the door of the shower opens, put in my right foot, then hoping not to slip, I will have to shuffle my cant-bend left foot in......

That;s why I think the bathroom layout is crap......... not a place for handicapp either.... and management, if you are reading this. I DID ASK if there was an alternative and your Front desk Staff has assured me that THERE IS NO alternative type of shower in the WHOLE HOTEL for one bed room apartment. He added that the whole hotel was FULLY booked for the weekend so there was no chance for us to pay extra money to upgrade even if we wanted to. He didnt even check the computer to see if the hotel was INDEED fully booked..... he just rattled that at the top of his head...and did not show any concern to help. I didnt fake the swollen knee to get a better room.

The dining area and living room area was ok.. and then the balcony which had the outdoor spa.

Fridge was small but functional.

Aircon worked well.

Like i said, we travel a lot for work and personal, so what ever we could put up with we would... but when you have a guest that has a sore and swollen knee or for any other reason, that you know youhave to make allowances for, then I think thr right thing to do is for the staff to do their best. This front desk staff NEVER once looked at the computer to check, he just told us that the hotel was fully booked... it was only when i asked for extra towels that he asked me where I stayed. And the reason I asked for teh extra towels was so that I could sit at the edge of the shower door to get in!

Go look at your shower at home. at the bottom where the door opens, that's where I had to sit and slide my foot in and the other after.

The location of this place is goot. it has a direct easy access to the beach and there are places to eat all over the place. On a Sunday morning, it was easy to walk down to the markets too....

In saying that...... unless there is an upgrade, we wont be coming back here in a hurry. It certainly sint a romantic place if that is what you are after for the weekend..... but if you are after a place to crash and be near the beach and have no problems climbing in and out of tubs ... then go for it .

Room Tip: None....... the staff is not helpful at all.
3 Thank Madabtcars
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree Grand Pacific. We always appreciate receiving constructive comments which help us to maintain and improve our standards as well as meet and exceed guest expectations. Having considered the points you have raised, I was disappointed to read that you feel as though the accommodation was not to the standard of a 4-star property. I can assure you that BreakFree Grand Pacific is awarded the star rating by AAA Tourism under the self-catering category. AAA Tourism manages Australia’s official STAR Rating scheme with each property being assessed on strict guidelines and criteria by accredited and independent assessors. In regards to the configuartion of the your room and specifically the bathroom, as I have previously explained to you at Reception, all our 1 Bedroom Apartments are identical and equiped with a Spa Bath. I understand the difficulty you would have had with the Spa and I would have been more than happy to move you to another apartment if we had the availability to do so. Unfortunately we were fully booked. I am really sorry you have not enjoyed your stay so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to discuss of your experience any further. Kind regards Cosimo Ronconi
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom water view apartment on the 6th floor for 2 nights at the weekend. It was very quiet, reasonably sized and had a nice waterfront view. The location is in the main street so handy to the shops and restaurants or you can cut through the property to the waterfront cafes, beach and walkway. The property is a bit older but well maintained.

The only negatives were the outdoor spa heater was not working and as we faced the south we didn't get any sun on our balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a sunny balcony and the higher up the better the view. Our room was on the south s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review regarding your recent stay at Breakfree Grand Pacific. We are glad you have enjoyed the Resort but sorry that the Pool Spa Heater was out of order during your stay. I would like to confirm that the heater has now been replaced and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Kind regards

Cosimo Ronconi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
Rumba Beach Resort
Rumba Beach Resort
#1 of 16 in Caloundra
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast? Share your experiences!