We arrived at Breakfree Grand Pacific on 3rd January 2008 at approximately 5pm, checked in, paid the balance owing and went straight up to our room.
Upon arrival to our allocated 4 ½ star Luxury Apartment it was clear that this apartment was unsuitable for 4 Adults & 3 infants:
There was not enough space in any of the bedrooms for 3 porta cots
The living area was small & cramped with no where to place 2 highchairs
The overall standard of cleanliness was poor – a major concern with 3 infants
The floor was dirty & covered in stains
The windows were dirty & difficult to see out of
There was dirt & rubbish under the couch cushions
There was no ventilation in the bathroom, only a window in the shower that looked out onto the main road
The was a fan that was covered in dust & dirt – this was the only cooling in the 3rd bedroom were the infants were to sleep
The curtains were broken & falling off the curtain rails
The apartment looked out onto the main road when we had booked and paid for a ‘Water View’ room &
There was only air-conditioning in one of the three bedrooms.
We immediately returned to reception and requested we be moved to another larger room. We were told that they were fully booked & we had been given the biggest room.
Once we explained that the apartment was clearly unsuitable for our needs we were told that it was our problem as we had booked with the Stella Resorts Group over the internet. We were told had we tried to booked directly through Breakfree Grand Pacific they would have told us that the room was unsuitable.
Upon hearing this we then asked for a refund so that we could find alternative accommodation in Caloundra that was suitable for our needs. They told us that they had a 100% Cancellation fee and that Stella Group were accountable for any mistake that was made.
The staff at Breakfree Grand Pacific were very unprofessional and rude in the manner in which they spoke to us, particularly the General Manager.
We returned to our room & immediately contacted Stella Resorts Group. The person we spoke to was very helpful, but she explained that it would have to be the Breakfree Grand Pacific who refund our money as Stella Resort forwarded on all the Special requests to the property.
We stayed at the Grand Pacific for only 6 nights of the 11 nights we had paid for. We found alternative accommodation for the remaining 5 nights of our holiday that cost us an additional $1200. Our alternative accommodation was 4 ½ star standard, unlike Grand Pacific.
Grand Pacific would not even allow us to transfer the hire of the porta cots & high chairs to our alternative accommodation, nor would they refund the balance of the hire.
During our stay the air-conditioning in our apartment also broke down for a day until an electrician could come to replace the control unit & thermostat.
Breakfree Grand Pacific is clearly NOT 4 ½ star standard. We have stayed at the Mantra Amphora Resort (4 ½ star) in Palm Cove which is also owned by Stella Resorts group. Breakfree Grand Pacific is NO WHERE NEAR the standard of Mantra Amphora.
The overall quality of our stay was poor & made worse by rude, arrogant, difficult to deal with staff who were not willing to help us in any way
The inconvenience of having to move during our holiday with 3 infants was also very difficult
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Grand Pacific is just an hour's drive north of Brisbane in Caloundra, the southern gateway to Queensland's Sunshine Coast. Boasting sweeping, uncrowded beaches, unspoiled waterways and friendly locals, Caloundra has a "yet-to-be-discovered" vibe that makes it a rare holiday destination. At BreakFree Grand Pacific you can choose from 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments available in garden, water view and roof top styles. The garden apartments have a private patio and garden views while the water view apartments feature a balcony and look out over the ocean and beyond to Pumicestone Passage. Roof top apartments have great views along with a private roof top or courtyard barbeque with a 4 seat outdoor spa bath. All apartments include air conditioning, cable TV, DVD player, balcony or patio, stereo system with CD and a spa bath is featured in most. From a prime waterfront location resort facilities include a heated lagoon pool and 2 spas, gym, games room for the kids, sauna and meeting facilities for up to 130 delegates. Nearby natural wonders include the Glasshouse Mountains, Blackhall Range National Park and Pumicestone Passage Marine Park - all offering great opportunities for fun outdoor activities including bushwalking, surfing, diving, wind-surfing, kayaking, sailing and fishing. Manmade attractions including Australia Zoo, the Big Kart Track and Aussie World are also nearby. The resort is an idyllic location for a resort holiday only 50 metres from Bulcock Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Hotel Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Caloundra
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast Caloundra, Australia