“We had no problems”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2014

It seems a number of diners have been very critical of this restaurant - mainly regarding the seafood. We both had fairly conventional non-seafood Thai Stir Frys and both dishes were delicious. The wait staff were very pleasant and the food came quite quickly. The ambience is not outstanding and that's the only thing holding me back from a five-star rating.

There are newer reviews for Wung Nam Thai Water Palace

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Outrageously expencive for extremely average! Pricing must be for the water view as the food is bland. Our seafood was watery and definately not fresh. Management wanted to charge us full price even though we had complained. He said people do that all the time.... Do yourself a favour and go somewhere else!

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We enjoyed a very well prepared and well presented meal. The best thai food we have tried on the sunshine coast so we are confident that anything on the menu will be a treat. Drinks menu more than met our needs and we have no doubt we will be back

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Prices outrageous - up to $45 a dish (seafood). I don't mind paying for good food but this was terrible. Curry puff was peas and corn - bland. We ordered laksa (shouldn't have as I know it is NOT a Thai dish). It was gluggy rice noodles with a small amount of chicken and an extremely thick, satay-like sauce. Served in a flat bowl, warm, not hot. It had some nicely cooked vegetables and a whole hard-boiled egg. The 'Thai' dishes on other tables looked pretty bad. Our bill was almost $70. Don't go. Oh and when we arrived we asked to sit indoors as it was chilly that night. The waitress said it is cold inside and would we like to sit outside. ???

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Complete disorganization in this place reflects in the service and quality of food. The food was crap. Massaman curry lacked any flavor and was luke warm. The chilli chicken was dry chicken with chilli sprinkled on it, again luke warm and certainly not spicy. The service was non-existent. When I was asked how my meal was when paying, I told the waitress (who looked about 15), of my concerns. She ignored them, proceeded to total up our bill and replied "that comes to $70.70"... If you don't blimmon care and plan to do anything about our crap experience... Don't ask! I go not see why this place was so busy, I wish Id checked trip advisor first... Even the RSL has a better rating!