“Local Dicky Beach resident - world traveller - love Wung Nam!!!!”

Wung Nam Thai Water Palace
Ranked #123 of 210 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I just read the negative reviews and was really quite surprised. This thai is the best I have ever tasted - better than thailand even and everywhere else that I have travelled. I find the chilli fish - aaammmmaaazzzzing. Some dishes Im not fussed on but that its to be expected due to personal taste - but they are still very good quality and delicious in their own way. Their $9.90 lunch special is fantastic!! Obviously its dearer at night - as you'd expect. Their naan bread and chicken wings are the best we've had anywhere. We are local (born in Nambour - how embarrassing is that!!) and eat there at least once a week. I must admit the service with the drinks is a little slow sometimes and there is only one (1) toilet - which I find strange for such a large restaurant. I also hate some of the noisy large boofy groups who seem to "take over" the restaurant at times i.e. 60th parties and real estate agent pow wows etc - but what can you do? However, lllllooooooovvvvveeee the food!!! The setting is also fabulous and one of the best views on the coast. It is the food that keeps usgoing back there and I would recommend it to everyone. I am also one of the fussiest and grumpiest people in the world - and I love the place!! Felicity
Dicky Beach Caloundra (local resident - NOT a tourist!!!)

1  Thank DF0030

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Shocking service. Our rice and bread finally arrived as we were finishing our curry and then our drinks arrived as we were almost leaving and they were horrible. Food was dodgy - spent the rest of the evening on the toilet.

1  Thank Trudy B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The fried rice that I ate was delicious as was the satay that my husband had for lunch. The lunch special is well prices.
If you can get a set outside I would recommend that.
I have dined here for diner previously and was not that impressed with the prices.

Friendly and happy staff.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Food bland. Free wine coupon not honoured.
Check credit card loading- wrongly applied to visa transaction.
Would not recommend.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Can safely say this was the worst restaurant I have ever eaten at in my 32 years, and the first time the meal actually tasted nicer leaving my stomach via my mouth then it did going in. We ordered the chewy coconut prawns and the burnt "chicken" toast for starters followed by the lamb fat cutlets and the chilli fish, which was basically deep fried fish pieces in bottled (and extremely sweet and thick) plum sauce which had a slice of red chilli in it. My girlfriend also washed it down with a glass of expensive cold fizzy red wine?, I had a Long Island iced tea which actually tasted quite nice although it didn't go as far to wash away the bad taste left in my mouth not only from the food, but also from the bill. Times like this I wish I had the nerve to complain but instead I'll live and learn and warn others instead.

1  Thank Candjdoaus