“Food and prices do not match. Delusions of grandeur.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daisy's Place - CLOSED

Daisy's Place
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Food and prices do not match. Delusions of grandeur.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Perhaps I came on a bad day, but looking through all the wonderful reviews either people don't get out much or they have incredibly low expectations. And deep wallets.
I consider myself a bit of a foodie, and I've eaten locally, interstate and overseas. This place is highly overpriced, very overrated and the food quality doesn't measure up. Part of the reason may be paying the staff to be very attentive in topping up our groups water - nice work guys, but I don't go out to drink water. The decor tries to be flash but this is still a place on the side of a busy road in quite a daggy area.

The meal I had is one I enjoy on a regular basis but at Daisy's it was a HUGE letdown. Soggy, bland and pathetic serving portion. It also came out nearly cold, and the avocado that formed part of it was brown and so tiny I barely saw it. The ingredients seemed cheap and not at all deserving of the "gourmet" price tag. My drink was also very average. The setting has some nice bush out back that you can see through the windows but again... Just can't get over the prices!! Go a few kilometres into Caloundra and you could have two meals plus drinks for what I paid for one person, with a setting that reflects the prices and far, far, better quality of food. Delusions of granduer. Came home starving. Will not be back by choice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DinerDozen

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Although we didn't make a reservation and they were completely booked, they still managed to find a table for us.
The food looked and tasted great and was creative.

2 Thank 410Denhaag
Maroochydore, Australia
“Daisy's dish up the goods!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently had a lunch date with two friends at Daisy's Place. Sitting on the back deck amongst the impeccable rainforest gardens was the perfect backdrop to connect and share some special time together. Our meals were beautifully presented, delicious and generous and the staff were pleasant and accommodating. We will definately be back for more!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

2 Thank Emma C
Diddillibah
“A staggeringly outrageous rip-off for those with more money than sense.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

In the foyer at Daisy's there is a tasteful but far from sensational boxed canvas for private sale at $10,000. I should have noted the irony before sitting down. Other reviewers have mentioned the meagre size of the portions and they're quite right in doing so. The waiter asked me how I found the ($36) steak so I told him I simply moved one of the three wedges which accompanied it and there it was. Surely, the management needs to look at presentation because the rib eye I was served had the astonishing effect of making my plate appear closer to tectonic in scale than porcelain. Seriously, my guinea pig eats more in a single sitting than I was offered here. My mistake, there were some green beans as well although two out of the five lonely fellas weren't topped and tailed. No matter, the consumption of the occasional vegetable root is surely far more acceptable in public than my first choice today, the generously-sized napkin - so generous in fact that I reckon the entire day's meals if spilled during an earth tremor could safely be concealed in a doggy bag you'd need to sell your furniture to purchase. Abysmal.

5 Thank Christopher C
Cairns, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Sunshine Coast's BEST Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Daisey's is the Sunshine Coast's hidden treasure. It is so well put together it suits for a coffee meet, a 40th birthday, a sunday sesh or a romantic dinner, and we've done everyone of those! The food is excellent, the people are great and the rainforest and decking are a just brilliant. I promise you will never be dissappointed at Daisey's.

• Visited May 2013