Tripadvisor
Caloundra
Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Definetely worth a visit

Partner and I visited the museum on our little holiday to the Sunshine Coast. We both enjoyed it... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jack L
via mobile
Amazing plane selection

Dropped in here today due to inclement weather on the beach. Ended up with a surprising 1.5 hour... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
159craigp
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Caloundra
from $96.03
More Info
from $102.21
More Info
All reviews on display aviation history open cockpit military aircraft run by volunteers great collection aircraft including air force few hours couple of hours volunteer staff are great place to visit under cover sunshine coast all ages young kids exhibits
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020

We went on an afternoon when we were all beached out and had the most incredible time. There are planes everywhere, a helicopter our kids played in for quite some time, and volunteers who say things like ‘that is the exact plane that rescued Tony Bulley... it has four something something turbine... somethings and it goes on 16 hour missions.’ I was enthralled. And he didn’t laugh when I asked him what a turbine is. My husband was like a kid in a fantasy playground and our two young kids just loved it. I loved seeing all the handpainted graphics, and was astounded at how mechanical the insides of planes look — no computers in these old planes! I am going back.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020

This is a great collection of over 80 planes with all the memrobillia to go with it. This is all run by volunteers. Some of the displays are undercover, while others are in full sun. Don't forget to bring a hat as it can get very sunny at times. There are quite a few projects underway in surrounding buildings.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank AustinVisitz
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

To me this is a collection of sometimes interesting aircraft. But what is the story behind them? What brings them together here? Do they all have a Queensland connection? A museum should tell the stories more coherently.

Reviewed November 26, 2019

This was a really enjoyable museum. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived well before opening hours, but the volunteers let us in.

The museum housed an interesting mix of civil and military aircraft in varying states of repair. Some aircraft were partially complete and dismantled for preservation, so at times it felt more like a workshop than museum.

I really enjoyed the airline memorabilia and aircraft. I also left with a couple of vintage books from the small selection they have on sale.

Reviewed November 22, 2019 via mobile

Kings beach was beautiful and we had a great time exploring the rockpools, but the pool by the beach was AMAZING. So good for any age group. Ramp into the pool for less mobile people, lanes for people to swim in up one end, and lots of bench type seating in the pool along the ramp wall. There was also a park bench under a shaded area that gets up to around 1inch of water covering the floor beneath it, so elderly or more immobile people could sit on the bench and get their feet wet. The floor surrounding the bench was all non slip and had a rail to hold onto leading to the bench. I was so impressed. My children had a wonderful time there and it was a fabulous view looking out to the ocean.