“Great cafe”

Otranto's Cafe
Ranked #80 of 211 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a small breakfast of raisin toast - unfortunately it was cold when it arrived - it was nice however and the staff are extremely friendly The coffee was great !!!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This cafe is great. The blonde lady behind the counter that served me knew how to treat a customer and was a really friendly. Sunday breakfasts are great. Service is the main winning point here, very friendly and listen to the customer.

We enjoyed our breakfasts and coffees and can see why Otranto's is so popular with us locals

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This cafe is brilliant. I never had a chance to try the Man Crepe (which sounded tasty and very manly, if food has a gender. Food may not be "manly" gender specific but the crepe would have fuelled anyone working very hard for a long time) But they have Key Lime and Blood Orange tarts which are excellent! The best bit for someone like me trying to cut out the carbs where possible,the tart bases were made from coconut! Brilliant! would love the recipe!This was last Saturday (21 June) The blonde lady behind the counter that served me knew how to treat a customer and was a real pick me up to speak with after a rough day morning.

Sunday morning morning tea was a date scone the size of my hand! Tasty, came with jam cream and butter and my only point would have been more jam, but they clearly knew their condiments as I was not left with a single piece of date scone unslathered!

Compared to Perth the place is a bargain and the service exemplary, which is something I've noticed anywhere I have gone in QLD. Venues and staff could learn from this attitude.
And the coffee comes made properly (Lattes not so hot to the touch you scald your fingers, and with burnt milk) and again, compared to Perth, cheap. Then again Switzerland is cheap compared to Perth

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious breakfast crepes. Very happy with the flavours. Especially touched by the friendly service and care as they made sure to cook my eggs well given I was pregnant.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Otranto's was a pleasant surprise during our beach holiday. The café is located on the corner of Caloundra's main street, so the atmosphere isn't particularly interesting or appealing; yet it's convenient, the food is inexpensive and it's actually really good. The counter cabinets are filled with muffins and tasty-looking slices, as well as quiches and frittatas; and the menus for breakfast, burgers, focaccias, salads and snack foods are extensive. We really enjoyed our breakfasts and coffees and can see why Otranto's is so popular with locals (especially business-people, by the looks - there were loads of them holding breakfast meetings and collecting coffees and breakfasts to go). We'll most likely return when we're in the area again.