“Delicious food, great service and a wonderful atmosphere”

Indiyum Fair Dinkum Indian
Ranked #5 of 212 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Indian, Mexican, Balti
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My partner and I recently visited Caloundra and were excited to try out Indiyum as we had heard great things. It did not disappoint! The service was great and meals were fantastic! I ordered the butter chicken as it is my favourite and it safe to say that it was the best butter chicken I have had! We can't wait til our next trip.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

me and my wife come here often and always enjoy our meals, i like mild and my wife likes hot dishes and we always find a variety of meals to order. cant wait to eat here again

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Really unique atmosphere at this restaurant! The combination of Indian and Mexican food makes it very special. The decor and furnishings are one of a kind. The restaurant has a lovely feel to it. Unfortunately the staff were very slow to bring us a menu to begin with, we were sitting at the table for about 15 minutes prior to being given a menu. However, our food came out very quickly when we ordered! Food is lovely. Not my favourite Indian, but my partner said it was the best he has eaten! Would recommend trying this place during your stay in Caloundra.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I didn't want to go to an Indian restaurant that also serves Mexican food as in my experiences, restaurants like that end up doing neither cuisine well, however the other Indian we went to was closed so we had no choice.
I have been to about 200 Indian restaurants (including in India) and always order the same dishes: navratan korma and paneer makhani.
The navaratan was nice, just nice. The flavours weren't bold or punchy but it tasted good. The sauce was a little runny and the use of frozen packet carrots was a little off-putting. I did enjoy it though and I probably would have it again.
The paneer makhani was very floury tasting, I'm not sure whether it was the cheese or the sauce. Again, it was nice, but nothing special and I probably wouldn't order that one again.
My husband had the chicken tikka as well and he enjoyed that.
The portions were quite small however we both left more than satisfied.
The service was excellent and the only woman working was doing a fantastic job, especially towards the end of our meal when the restaurant was getting quite busy. The meals came out very quickly.
I will visit the other Indian restaurants in Caloundra before I return, but ultimately I had an enjoyable meal.

1  Thank Batmane
Reviewed April 23, 2014

As a well traveled foodie I was skeptical of an Indian in a seafood town but was not disappointed. Some of the best curries I've had in Australia, not oily, and lovely tandoori flavors.

If you're a fan of a bit of spice don't be afraid to go hot. We were warned of the heat if the hot beef jalfrezi but could have gone hotter.

Fantastic food, would definitely I again