“Great Dining”

Ranked #2 of 212 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Alfie's Mooo Char & Bar is an modern Australian A la Carte dining restaurant open for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. We offer only the best quality in Steaks, Nolan's Meat. Also a wide range of seafood, duck and many other modern dishes to please the fussiest pallet. Alfie's has a beautiful view of Pumistone Passage out to Bribie Island and on to Bulcock Beach. We are fully licensed with boutique beers, fabulous cocktails and plenty of wine to choose from to pass the afternoon or evening away. Or maybe enjoy our live music on a Sunday lunch. We do recommend booking. Enjoy. We look forward to meeting you..
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great food, great location, great atmosphere, helpful friendly staff ... Will definitely be back next time we're on the sunny coast.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Book a table early to get the view as this place is popular. I have been there a few times with work colleagues and always been impressed. The prices are not the cheapest of restaurants but reasonable for the quality of food and service. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the red jus served in a little cow decanter is simply superb.

1  Thank Biomed_traveller
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a very pretty restaurant on a nice location. Staff was very friendly and my husband had a good T-bone. My steak was not really hot enough and the sauce I did not like. All in all it was ok, I think I had some bad luck.

John C, Owner at Alfies Mooo Char & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Alfies Mooo Char and Bar. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance and view from the restaurant, and that our staff looked after you. We were however sorry to hear that your meal was a bit cold when it came out to you. I am not sure if you mentioned this to our staff, who I am sure would have offered to exchange it if they knew, but we do appreciate you advising us through TripAdvisor, as we can only improve our service and quality through feed back such as yours. Thanks again for taking the time, and we do hope you return to our restaurant in the future.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a three-course dinner of oysters, steak and dessert, and were not disappointed! The oysters were divine, the steak juicy and tender, and the mango panecotta was silky smooth and delicious. The staff were friendly and accommodating.

John C, Owner at Alfies Mooo Char & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review of our restaurant. We strive to please all customers when they visit us, and it is very rewarding to the owners and they staff when we receive positive posts such as yours. It also helps us know we are providing the quality of food and service that our customers are looking for.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I can only comment on the experience that we had personally when we went to Alfie's for my Aunty's birthday along with my mum, wife & our 3 kids...others have obviously had a very different experience which is good to hear.

I understand we were there on a very busy day in the middle of holiday season but it took about 30min for us to have our orders taken & an hour more before we received our meals. To be fair I accept that this was slightly influenced by the fact that all but one of us ordered just mains & the one person who ordered a starter received it a little sooner.

Having finally requested that our meals be followed up given we had sat down an hour and a half previously the head manager who I made that request came back apparently to apologise but what that really meant was to make excuses & try to blame us...considering others in the restaurant had arrived after us & were already on dessert that was pretty frustrating.

I have to say though that the girl who shared the duties with this guy providing our table with service was exceptional...friendly, attentive & did her best to make up for the situation without letting down her employer by taking our 'side'.

Unfortunately the meals were not particularly exceptional either...in particular my steak, ordered medium rare, was closer to well done & quite dry...I didn't mention that on the day as I figured I had complained enough already.

Other reviews suggest this may not be a representative experience but it would take a lot to get me back.

Thank you for your feed back on your visit to our restaurant. Even though your experience was not up to your expectations we need to know what problems are experienced by our customers, so we can try to improve those areas for future customers. As you mentioned it is difficult to provide quick service during busy times, but if the customer asks for their meal to come as quick as possible, we try to do this for them. I was pleased to hear that one of our wait staff understood your frustration and tried to remedy the situation. In relation to the food quality it is very disappointing to hear that you did not receive your food the way you ordered, but as you pointed out if it was not brought to the attention of our staff we would not have known it was not how you ordered it, This is not an excuse as you should have got what you ordered in the first plan. All we can do is apologize for the poor experience you had and assure this is not indicative of what we provide at our restaurant. We apologize for the poor night you had, and if you wish to call me on 0411249325 I would be happy to discuss it further with you.