“Won't Be Back”

Ranked #20 of 202 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Craft Beer, Cocktails, Wines and Live Music, Bar, Restaurant. Open Wed to Sunday for Coffee from 10am and Lunch 12-2pm, Dinner and Tapas 5.30pm-Close. Caring staff who will make you feel at home. Stylish Tapas & à la carte menus available as well as chalk board specials. Views to the Ocean and Pumicestone Passage. Group bookings, functions and offsite catering available. Located at 115 Bulcock Street, Caloundra below The Ocean View Resort.
Sydney, Australia
“Won't Be Back”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went here for a drink on Friday night and to check out the place for future nights out. There were only about a dozen people sitting around. The two man brother band killed my favourite song "Brown Sugar".

As my friend and I left, we were approached by the waitress asking if we had paid for our drinks. This was very embarrassing as we only had two drinks and paid at the bar. The waiter who served us seemed off with the fairies.

We asked how this was possible that they could even ask us this as the place was not busy and if they could not get it right now how on earth could they get it right if it was busy. They said they had a tab running for most tables.

We were totally embarrassed by the staff and no apologies were offered until we asked for one. This place needs customer service shake up badly and if the owner doesn't get new staff, I will never come back to this badly run part of town.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ross A
Luke B, Owner at Forty Five 51, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our venue. I am sorry that everything was not to your satisfaction. The waitress did apologise for the mix up at the time and one of the owners apologised when discussing the matter with you via phone. It was an honest mistake and we have taken the opportunity to use the incident as a training tool for staff so that similar mistakes don't occur in the future.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I went here last Friday night. Place was packed and great atmosphere. Live singer. Hostess was excellent and attentive and really looked after the patrons well. Wine list was great and tapas plate was SO tasty. Definitely the place to be in Caloundra for a great night out

1 Thank Karen M
Luke B, Owner at Forty Five 51, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue. I am very glad that you enjoyed it and am grateful for your feedback. Please come back soon.!!
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went for dinner with family friday a week ago, it was great! Staff were polite (which is rare these days) food was awesome and not expensive at all! so many cocktails and great range of drinks, was the best calamari i have had in my entire life! I Highly recommend this place if u like live music and a friendly atmosphere, a cool urban feel and really awesome food. My whole family commented on how much they enjoyed the evening, so keep up the great work guys.

1 Thank JJwlkr
Luke B, Owner at Forty Five 51, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our venue. We really appreciate the feedback and are very glad that you and your family had a great time. Please come back soon!!
Noosa, Australia
“Wouldnt waist your time”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Went here for dinner with a group of friends made a booking for 10 people then at last minute requested to add another 3 to the booking before everyone got there. Waitress ignored me on serveral occasion and failed to make room for the rest of the party resulting in people having to stand whilst trying to eat. Ordered the 400g rib fillet "rare" came out medium well wasnt worth $33. The restaurant was hot and the live musician was too loud. Drink service was atroshes and the service on the floor was just as bad. Table wasnt cleared all night with empty glasses and plates everywhere. House spirits were cheap and nasty and they ran out of vanilla vodka after one drink. Will not be giving this place another $ needs alot of staff training and someone who knows how to run a business.

Luke B, Owner at Forty Five 51, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue. We do our best to provide great service, tasty food and delicious drinks. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us and I will be looking into the issues you have raised. Please feel free to contact me directly at tapas@fortyfive51.com.au.

For the record our house vodka is 42 Below, our Scotch is 8 year old Dewars, our gin is Bombay Saphire and our light and dark rums are Jamaican imports. Our house range also includes Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Canadian Club and El Jimadore Tequila.
Brisbane
“Fresh tasty tapas & cocktails”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a cocktail and some food on a Friday night my friend and I came across this corner bar and restaurant in Caloundra's main shopping street. The service was friendly and efficient with the waitress offering excellent choices for our cocktails and tapas. I had a low alcohol fruity cocktail which was tall and refreshing and just what I was after. The tapas was delicious! The calamari was crunchy and fresh, the duck pancakes were full and flavoursome and the deep fried Brie was to die for! With live music and a relaxed mellow atmosphere this was a perfect spot for a Friday night out.

2 Thank Koalakaye
Luke B, Owner at Forty Five 51, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our venue. I am very pleased that you enjoyed it and hope you will come back soon!