“best steak ever”

Amici Restaurant Pizzeria
Reserve with
Amici Restaurant Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 203 Restaurants in Caloundra
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In life, we all need friends to love, laugh and eat with. Amici is the Italian translation of friends. So whether you’re after the full dine in experience with the amazing service, delicious food and relaxed atmosphere or feel like staying in with our take away or home delivery, Amici wants to be a part of all your memories, like friends should be. The simplest things in life are the best and that’s why we keep our food that way. Made fresh from the freshest local ingredients available, each and every dish is made with love and passion to give you a dish that’s full of flavour and worth remembering. The heart of Amici lies in the young hands of owners Sarah and Jason. Both work together as the perfect combination, Sarah leads her friendly team out the front to provide you with a full table service experience while Jason and his team in the kitchen work on making the simple yet delicious modern Italian food to complete your experience.Facing onto Knox Avenue on the side of the luxury apartments, Aspect Caloundra, Amici is a casual neighborhood gathering spot where you’re immediately embraced by the restaurant’s warm, contemporary ambiance and friendly vibe. The Aroma from the kitchen promises fresh, modern Italian cuisine. We offer an extensive dinner menu along with a thoughtful wine list and drinks selection. Amici will cater to all your dining needs.So next time your around stop in and say hi and try our delicious Pizza, Pasta or one of our mouth-watering mains for yourself. Or, if you live or are staying in Caloundra, Kings Beach, Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Shelly Beach, Golden Beach, Aroona, Battery Hill, Caloundra West, Currimundi, Little Mountain, Meridan Plains or Pelican Waters we’ll happily deliver your meal right to your door.
Brisbane, Australia
“best steak ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

On our weekend away, my husband and I were looking for an Italian restaurant near our resort and came across with this restaurant. It was Saturday night and the restaurant was full but luckily they had 1 table available for us. It was very noisy as there were lots of people so we thought about leaving. I’m so glad that we didn’t.
I felt like to have a steak so I ordered the only steak from the menu, with side salad. The steak came out really big portion (scotch fillet) with chili sauce & mashed potato and veggies. The sauce was so amazing with the steak and the steak was cooked to perfection. And it was under $30! My husband, who is a big meat eater, was so jealous of my dish and he ate half of mine even after he finished his pizza – he said the pizza was okay but I guess the steak was too good to compare! I’ve been thinking about this dish since then and I just wish I lived close by!
The service was very good, and the house wine was nice as well. The only disappointment we had was the dessert – especially the crème brulee was lack of flavour and I could not eat more than 2 spoons – but it came out very pretty.
I would definitely go to this restaurant again!

London, United Kingdom
“Good solid italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

A party of 5 of us went for a Sunday night meal. The place was booked out but they did their best to accommodate us and squeeze us in. The food is typical australian italian food but done very well. I had the seafood marinara which was excellent, simple but cooked well. The people in our group had veal and other pastas which all went down very well. Although we didn't eat pizzas, the special they had going, $18 for a jumbo, seemed to represent excellent value. The service was generally ok, nothing out of this world though. As I've already mentioned, the food here is very good Australia Italian but doesn't compare to truly authentic Italian that you might get in a big city or Italy. Still, it's very good and I would return here again.

Buderim, Australia
“Good food, good wine and fantastic service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Previous review says it all. 'Simply good food and service'. Finally found a lovely place for a meal. The food was good but funnily enough it is the great service which lingers with me. I can't remember the last time i have felt so welcomed and been so well looked after by staff. Congratulations Amici Cafe.

• Visited January 2014
“Don't hesitate best in Caloundra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

As good as it gets out of the city . Great staff in fact excellent. Try the spaghetti marinara and the Oreo cheesecake spectacular. Make sure you book it's full in holiday time. When your on holidays struggling to find a decent restaurant it's a relief to find a great Italian with thin crust pizza excellent home made spaghetti with garlic and a touch of chilli and great meat dishes. Well done

Sunshine Coast
“Simply good food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Prawn linguine still a favourite. This place will always be as great as its hard working staff & owners... Love it!!

• Visited December 2013