“Just what we hoped for”

Amici Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 211 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In life, we all need friends to love, laugh and eat with. Amici is the Italian translation of friends. So whether you’re after the full dine in experience with the amazing service, delicious food and relaxed atmosphere or feel like staying in with our take away or home delivery, Amici wants to be a part of all your memories, like friends should be. The simplest things in life are the best and that’s why we keep our food that way. Made fresh from the freshest local ingredients available, each and every dish is made with love and passion to give you a dish that’s full of flavour and worth remembering. The heart of Amici lies in the young hands of owners Sarah and Jason. Both work together as the perfect combination, Sarah leads her friendly team out the front to provide you with a full table service experience while Jason and his team in the kitchen work on making the simple yet delicious modern Italian food to complete your experience.Facing onto Knox Avenue on the side of the luxury apartments, Aspect Caloundra, Amici is a casual neighborhood gathering spot where you’re immediately embraced by the restaurant’s warm, contemporary ambiance and friendly vibe. The Aroma from the kitchen promises fresh, modern Italian cuisine. We offer an extensive dinner menu along with a thoughtful wine list and drinks selection. Amici will cater to all your dining needs.So next time your around stop in and say hi and try our delicious Pizza, Pasta or one of our mouth-watering mains for yourself. Or, if you live or are staying in Caloundra, Kings Beach, Dicky Beach, Moffat Beach, Shelly Beach, Golden Beach, Aroona, Battery Hill, Caloundra West, Currimundi, Little Mountain, Meridan Plains or Pelican Waters we’ll happily deliver your meal right to your door.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We went to Amici's for Sunday lunch, based on other's excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. The staff were casual, friendly & professional. There was a nice lunch menu with some different & interesting selections. My partner ordered the fettuccine with prawns in creamy sauce. He said the peawns were very fresh , deli itself cooked. I asked for a vegan option and was told that wouldn't be s problem, which was a risottos with pumpkin & spinach in tomato sauce. This was do yum & flavoursome. I loved the finely sliced riibbons of zucchini through it as well. Lovely, big hot mugs of capuccino as well. While the service was a bit slow, we were definetely sated @ satisfied. it was a winner for us. We will definitely return & bring our friends.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Spent the very busy Easter weekend in Caloundra and took advantage of Amici's online pizza ordering system. Smooth process, I arrived after pre booking for a future time - pizzas were hot and ready when I arrived. Staff were lovely. And the food....beautiful. Plenty of topping, lovely base. The pizzas are large! And even after reheating the next day, it lost none of the flavour like your typical takeaway pizza. Great experience! definitely recommend. Hope to dine here in the future.

AmiciCafeCaloundra, Manager at Amici Restaurant Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Love that you mentioned our take-away and the fact you ordered online! Thank you for your positive feedback and I'm so glad you enjoyed the food. :) Just in case you're stuck in the house next time, we can also offer delivery on regular priced menu items as long as you're in the 4551 post code! Take away or delivery can all be ordered online.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to Amici a couple of times with my bro! Sweet place to eat at! :)

Really is an awesome place to go and eat; great food, excellent menu selection, perfect place to go to with family/friends and the server/service was supreme!

Had pastas and pizzas most of the nights we ate there! (Loved the Risotto and Penne pastas, they were my favorites and their vegi pizzas and rocket toppas are the best!) Though I never tried their gnocchi, which apparently everyone seems to like, I wish I had. I was also told and actually saw them making their gnocchi as I was leaving one night :) - pretty awesome that they do it.

I'd love to go back to Australia, Caloundra. I know the first place I'll go eat at is Amici! It's worth it guys, it really is. Go in and give their food a go, you'll probably love it! Even if it isn't good, oh well, you at least tried something new! It's always a good thing to go out of the norm and give things a shot! You never know what you might like/dislike if you never try it!

P.S. I am vegan/vegetarian and although their food is Italian, they were very accommodating and willing to bend over their backs to get me something I could eat. They go out of their way to make it a incredible night! Thanks Amici! I want to come back!

Thanks AdamTS!! You and your bro were wonderful to have in our restaurant! Thank you for your positive feedback on our vegan/vegetarian options. It's always good to keep all dietary needs in mind and glad we could accomodate to yours!

As you mentioned in your review, we don't mark everything on our menu for dietary requirements as we can adjust to so many. Thank you for mentioning your dietary requirments to us and letting us make adjustments to your selections to suit your needs.

Better come back soon! ;)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Having spent a month in Oz we have found it very hard to find good food at reasonable prices! That is until we found Amici! The food is incredible; I had the vegetable stack which came out beautifully presented and tasted divine! My husband opted for the chilli pasta which he also enjoyed. We finished with the tiramisu which again was superb. So refreshing to find a great restaurant with reasonable prices. On a Weds they do ten dollar pasta and on Sundays it's ten dollar pizza night. The staff are lovely, very polite and friendly. The atmosphere is pleasant with subtle lighting and background music. Just gutted we leave Oz tomorrow but trust me if you are in Caloundra eat here. You will love it! Oh and even if you are not veggie try the vegetable stack!

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This was a great find!
We went there on a Wednesday which is apparently 10$ pasta night- so good value. The place was so busy (a good sign!) that we sat at a table out the front and to the side where they weren't able to serve alcohol as it was the only seats left- so book ahead if you want to drink.
The service was very professional and as soon as I enquired about vegan food (which can be hit and miss haha) the waitress was able to specify a few options- including a risotto that isn't listed on the menu but that the chef can do- so do ask! Veggie stock, no cheese etc... And it was delicious.
My meat eating partner was pretty happy with his chicken parmejana ($15 on weds).
We were really happy with the place!