“Lovely surprise”

Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I usually go here for coffee and cake when we're in Caloundra. Recently a friend and I had lunch there. The menu is very good and the food excellent with plenty of Gluten Free selections as well as 'normal' food. We liked it so much that we went back later for afternoon tea. Cafe 21 is a place I would recommend. Good value too.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 21

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Yes it may not be on the front street with a view but the coffee and the food are great and very reasonable prices, if your looking for something quick and tasty its a safe bet, besides you can always go to the beach for a coffee or a drink afterwards.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

Tables & Chairs Crammed into cafe. No table service. No view. Food was nice but nothing special.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

We went twice to this cafe during our 5 day stay at the sunshine coast. The meals were well presented and tasty. Typical cafe fare - just freshly made. Generous servings mean you will not be left hungry. We had the best BLT and panini-style sandwiches. Value for money with salmon dish for $19! If you are after superb coffee I suggest this could be explored through the many cafes in this city.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

The cafe is quite open and cool on a hot day. I am vegetarian and often find it quite difficult to get a protein rather than just plain salads. Here, I found a bean triangle which consisted of beans, lentils and various veges wrapped in a soft tortilla. It came with a option of salads or chips. My husband had a chicken burger which he really enjoyed as well. I'd had a number of iced coffees at different cafes with mixed degrees of quality but this iced coffee hit the spot perfectly. I really enjoyed my lunch and was so tempted by the goodies on offer on the counter that we just had to take something to go for supper. I had a carrot cake cookie which I had never seen before and my husband had a choc and coconut brownie. Service was friendly and the food was well priced with a large number of options. We will definitely go back when we next visit Caloundra.