“Ruined our first wedding anniversary!!!”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #18 of 210 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is not on Trip Advisor but is located beneath the Rhumba Resort in Caloundra. Can you pls set it up as a restaurant in its own right so I can write a review. Thanks, Kitty
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We did a lap of the esplanade and chose this venue for brekky having arrived late the previous night and only in town for two nights my wife and I were looking to fuel up prior to packing a lot into a day of adventure, Eli the waiter was very friendly and gave us some tips on places to go and we commented on how good his nature was for a young waiter.
Upon ordering an omelette that contained mushrooms on the menu I made it very clear that I was very allergic and they said they could make it without, meals and coffees arrived and about 1/2 way through I was very upset to find a half eaten mushroom in my omelette- I flagged it with the waiter who said he had told the chef, upon further investigation Eli informed me that the chef had noticed too late and tried to remove the mushroom but must have missed some he ten laughed and said there are plenty of bushes on your bushwalks- this made me even angrier- they new they had made a mistake but tried to cover it up, this is unforgivable with allergies, they offered to give free coffees $8- this is poor to say the least considering I paid $16 for a meal that I ate half of and subsequently made me very ill.
Around 20mins later I was seriously ill and vomiting in our hotel room I was sick for the rest of the day and evening ruining our long planned first anniversary - UNFORGIVEABLE!!!
For the record I was really enjoying the omelette prior to the mushroom discovery

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We found this great italian restaurant whilst staying on a business trip at the Rumba Resort in Caloundra. We visited twice while there for 6 nights. We had pizzas both nights, however others in our group had italian dishes and all found the food to be great. The service was terrific and the owner made us feel at home. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Best Italian food I've ever eaten, every mouthful was a delight.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

The food here was very nice and the service was Extremely good and they were under the pump as it was a very very busy night. We were happy with the quality of food for the price and could not be happier with the staff on the night.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

The best food we have eaten in years,,, the calamari was to die for and the service was excellent. It was so good we went back for breakfast the next day! Thankyou for making our trip memorable and we will be back