“Cheap, clean, comfortable”
Review of Moffat Beach Motel

Moffat Beach Motel
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Very reasonably priced room with comfy beds and plenty of space . The manager was very nice and helpful for our stay and we would deffinitly return again if need be. Also located very close to Moffat and dicky beach was very handy

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed December 28, 2012

As a family we needed somewhere reasonable to stay during xmas break the rooms were very clean and tidy staff were excellent and friendly. Highly reccommend as it is quite clean and comfortable for the price

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This motel is located an easy 5 minutes from Moffat beach. While the building is dated (60s?), the rooms are clean and have contemporary fixtures and fittings.

The proximity to the main road is only an issue if you want to sleep during the day, when it is noisy, but there is hardly any traffic at night, so you do not need to worry about that.

One caveat: The car parks in front of the rooms are very small, and you will have issues with bigger cars.

I think for $90 bucks a night off-season, this motel offers a good value proposition, and we will happily return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nitework
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here because I needed somewhere reasonably priced and local to the purpose of my visit. The motel is comfortable enough-though parking a car between the pillars was my challenge each day! The daily rate was good and booking was simple done both online and followed up by a phone call. The location is close to shops and also Moffat beach.
However the absentee manager was a problem for me wanting to pay for some extras before I left. The "fill in" manager did not seem to be able to meet my requests (over 2-3 days) to settle up for some phone calls--he said he couldn't access the phone system nor was he able to tell me how much the continental breakfast cost. He also did not seem to know when the actual manager would re-appear to sort this out so in the end I just left what I hoped was sufficient money to settle the account. As I needed to make several phone calls home during my stay it was also concerning that I didn't seem to be able to receive or send calls from the motel unit after the first day I was there. I ended up having several expensive international cell phone calls instead.

Room Tip: Close the windows to keep road noise down and use ther air con if its too warm.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
moffatbeachmotel, Owner at Moffat Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at our Moffat Beach Motel - we appreciate your business!

It was unfortuate that you stayed when we had a technology challenged manager who avoided the computer & phone system! He was in fact not a 'fill in' manager but someone we intrusted our business to, expecting it to be run properly. I apologise for the lack of service in that regard, please try us again now that we, the owners are back to operate the motel & have an amazing replacement (Chrissy) when we are not available! We also have a staff member who lives on site that can fix anything & do after hours check ins. You won't find management lacking now that the previous manager has been encouraged to retire.

Look forward to seeing you again - Dianna Mullins

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This motel is well located on the Sunshine Coast and 5 minutes walk from the beach. It is a 30min drive to Australia Zoo and the Glass House Mountains.
Rooms are equipped with A/C, flat screen TV, coffee making facilities and a fridge.
The room, bathroom and sheets are very clean and the staff very helpful. I recommand this place for couples and families on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank naou
Reviewed February 5, 2012

A delightful family run motel, that gives a great personal touch. You can't go wrong for the price!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Satisha63
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The room was a lovely little apartment with amazing cleanliness and sleeping value.
The staff where very polite and helpful.Francis and Simon delivered delicious meals still hot and on time.The owners had two little girls to play with my kid in the pool.There where many family fun activities and the beaches where a 5min walk from the motel.
We all had a great time and will definitely recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank molly h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
#2 of 16 in Caloundra
Ocean Views Resort
Ocean Views Resort
#11 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Moffat Beach Motel? Share your experiences!