“Lunch Special Menu”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great meal, great location. On the day we visited, there was only one waiter (there was a sign up for 'staff required'), which meant that the only waiter was 'run ragged'; however, he coped extremely well and was pleasant at all times. The 'Lunch Special Menu' was great value and the meal was excellent. Overal, it is wel worth a visit (we would definitely return if in the area). Congrats to Chef for producing a great meal and congrats to the waiter for working extremely hard and pulling it together. Extra staff - it would probably be a little less frantic (but don't let that take away a very good meal). PS. I can be quite critical - but not in this case!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

seafood are fresh. Dishes are presentable. The Tapas was very creative and tasty. Price is reasonable. Staff friendly and efficient . We had a wonderful Father's Day lunch. We will definitely will go back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food was beautifully presented, tasted wonderful and priced really well. The service was faultless, even though it was busy the staff ensured we were kept up to date as to how our order was going.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am shocked and surprised at these less than positive reviews of Tides. I am a local Caloundra-ite who chooses to dine at Tides on a regular basis and I am never disappointed.

No, its not the cheapest on the coast. You want cheap? Go and buy fish and chips and sit on the beach. This is a hatted restaurant and voted best seafood restaurant on the Sunshine Coast and it's easy to see why. Michael and his team do a stellar job and that's why they have won all these awards. The food is sublime and the service is second to none and lets not forget the very attentive wine steward/guru!!! My hubby and I just love their ever changing menus - how boring would it be if they didn't change them regularly? And this is why we are repeat customers.

Whilst I realise that everyone has different tastes and expectations, people who rate restaurants like this badly think they are all food critics but really they have no idea what they are talking about and probably don't know fine dining if it hit them in the face. At the end of the meal at Tides you are always asked if you enjoyed your meal and given ample opportunity to give feedback throughout the evening......... and I bet you all the whingers said yes!

Tides certainly does not need some of the silly, petty reviews that have been posted on here. So what if some of the staff are casual and from international countries! Why should that bother anyone?

Thumbs up to Tides. I will make it a point to review this restaurant every single time I done there now!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate in this restaurant by accident as our other plans had fallen through and we were positively surprised. The service was attentive and friendly, if a tad too slow. We had great food, all freshly prepared and nicely decorated. Yes, they are a bit expensive, but I prefer to pay more for good food than less for a mediocre meal. We had a lovely lunch, the best we ever had in Caloundra and we will certainly be back

1  Thank jeromeQueensland