“Well Worth the Experience”

Tides Waterfront Dining
Ranked #10 of 224 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tides is Caloundra's favourite seafood restaurant. With outstanding views from the ocean to sunsets over the spectacular Glass House Mountains, it is arguably Caloundra's best location. With a carefully selected wine list and seasonal menus, there is always something new and exciting at Tides Waterfront Dining. With Lunch specials available 7 days and great old fashioned attentive service where you don't have to get up to order anything. Open 7 days for lunch and dinner, there is never a bad seat in the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I was dining alone so didn't want a huge meal. I was recommended an entree that is normally a shared dish to have as a main and what a great choice it was. I enjoyed a crab salad, seafood chowder that was simply delicious, seafood croquettes, goats cheese, marinated olives and artichokes and a seafood chunky pâté with crusty bread. It was wonderful and for what I received well worth the money. No complaints about the service. The waitress was a gem. A very satisfying meal without it being heavy. I would gladly eat here again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely meal - tapas entre to share, confit Duck, Eye Fillet Steak, Apple and Blueberry Crumble, and an Affogato coffee. The wine selection was excellent too. Overall, a nice relaxed meal, served by friendly, attentive staff in a lovely setting. We'll be back

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went here with a party of 4 last week. We went for lunch so had a nice table with a great view as it wasn't too busy.

The service was great, we had oysters for entree to share between three of us which were amazing and some of the biggest oysters I have ever seen! For mains we had prawns, moreton bag bugs and pork. Everything was great except one of the ladies eating the prawns didn't like the squid ink pasta - though I can understand and appreciate this as it was a reasonably strong taste. The servings were quite decent, so don't be fooled into thinking that because its a fancy restaurant you will be given bite size meals - this is very far from the truth!

There really is very little to fault at this restaurant and I think it is very worthy of its recently awarded chefs hat. The ONLY complaint I have is that we weren't told the specials.... this was disappointing as we saw them when we were leaving and they sounded great!

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

All I can say is this is a must if you are staying in Caloundra. We were advised by a friend to go there and we weren't disappointed. We asked for a specific thing and although they couldn't quite do it went out of their way to still deliver.....amazing staff. The food is beautiful and worth every cent. We asked for an edge seat on the balcony and had the most romantic table.....just what we needed! Thank you Tides and staff.....you made our night......only thing we forgot a photo the view was amazing!

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Dinner on a Saturday night. Had a table overlooking the beach. Service was good and food exceptional Managed entree and main but too full for dessert. Spanner crab and duck for entree followed by pork belly and fish of the day.

Date of visit: April 2013