My family has just had 5 days at this resort.
We had a 2 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor at the rear of the resort which gave us glimpses of the ocean. Next time we would specifically ask for a front beachside apartment.
The apartment was lovely but a bit small for the price. The living room was furnished with a single 3 seater couch which was inadequate. TV and sound systems were modern and functional. The air conditioning system allowed individual control to the living area, kitchen and each bedroom and was exceedingly effective.
The resort consists of a rear complex and 2 separate front complexes all separated by 2 lovely but somewhat small swimming pools. There would not be sufficient seating around the pools if the resort was full. One complaint was that it is not easy for an older person to get out of the lap pool - there are no steps and the ladder had circular rungs. Management might like to look at this - the rungs should at least be replaced with flat ones but the installation of proper steps would be preferable.
The resort is directly opposite a safe, clean, patrolled beach which was a delight to swim in. Directly below the resort on the Esplanade are a number of restaurants but Caloundra being somewhat hotter than Noosa during the summer we found it uncomfortable to eat outside so we tended to eat at the Coffee Club because you had an interior air-conditioned option. If you have a car the Caloundra RSL also offers very good meals in a lovely cool setting.
Caloundra is a very old and not very modern town and shopping options are somewhat limited but does offer a good beach holiday location.
We would return to the resort but not to Caloundra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 amd 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia