This was our first visit to Caloundra, we travelled there for a wedding and stayed two nights. We paid the extra for an ocean view apartment which overlooked Bulcock Beach and can I say what a beautiful view it was! If you are looking for a shopping mecca beach resort you are in the wrong place, but if you are looking for a family friendly, relaxing and friendly beach holiday then this is the place for you, my friend! The room was very spacious and well furnished. It would provide plenty of room for four adults or a family. The units are self contained and there is an abundance of crockery and cutlery, although the same cannot be said for tupperware-type stuff or bowls etc. so if you are planning an extended stay you may want to bring some of this along with you. The housekeeping staff were very friendly and did a (very) quick making of the bed and emptying of bins. Not a true service but then again we were both trying to get ready for the wedding and they may have felt like they were intruding!
Lovely big bathrooms and plenty of towels provided. Everything was nice and clean. The Foxtel channels on the TV are very limited (only foxsports, CNN, one music channel from memory) which is disappointing given the price paid for the place, but this is a pretty minor complaint when you don't spend that much time watching tele anyway.
The pool bar/shop thingy was also closed when we were there which is a shame as this would be a nice extra alongside the pool (which is lovely).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rumba Beach Resort brings to Caloundra the finest boutique hotel facilities. With arguably the most well-appointed guest suites on the Sunshine Coast, Rumba Resort integrates the relaxing atmosphere of a tropical resort with the convenience of being right in the heart of town. Cafes and fine dining restaurants pepper the beachfront esplanade and a network of boardwalks and coastal pathways link the main shopping precinct to the locale’s famous surf beaches and beyond.Stunning 1, 2 and 3 bedroom guest apartments offer spa ensuites, espresso coffee machines and home theatre systems, all as standard. Rumba's pool bar known as 26degrees is a relaxing and enjoyable place to unwind. Drinks are served on Rumba's pool deck by friendly and professional wait staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rumba Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rumba Beach Hotel Caloundra
- Rumba Beach Resort Caloundra, Sunshine Coast, Australia