“Stunning views”

Burleigh Beach Tower
Adelaide.S.A
“Stunning views”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Having returned to Burleigh Beach Tower, now for the 10th year running we were pleasantly surprised by the renovations to the building.It's always been a gem but now, As we're getting older, we now have an access ramp, the foyers have been totally refurbished and air conditioned. New elevators have made things much faster.The gardens have been revamped with drought tolerant plantings and are a pleasure to see.
The view hasn't changed...it's still stunning! We stayed for 2 months over winter and never tired of the view from our balcony. Sitting up there with a cold beer watching the whales go past was enthralling. We've booked again for next yar and hopefully many more. Maureen, the Manager is just such a delight, she is charming and helpful on every occasion. This year we managed to have lunch at the fabulous Oskars reataurant directly opposite with Maureen and peter, the managers who we now regard as good friends. We shall return again and again...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IMPRIV

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I just experienced the most appalling service from the managers at Burleigh Beach Tower, and at a time when I thought Gold Coast Tourism was struggling! I phoned to make a 3 night booking quoting the rates published on the website when the woman on the phone insisted I had "interpreted the information wrong." I hadn't, and asked if she had the website up in front of her, to which she said no. She was rude, but I was willing to go ahead and book for the higher rate when she said 'bye', and went to hang up on me! I then said, 'I'd still like to book but can I speak to someone else?', thinking she was a young receptionist. Turns out she was the manager. She then put her husband on who greeted me with "what's your problem?". I calmly tried to explain the website rates were different to the rates his wife had quoted when he hung up on me. Absolutely appalling! I phoned back and he hung up on me again. As a regular traveler, I will be telling everyone I know not to bother with this hotel.

• Liked — Didn't get a chance - the rude managers told me to go elsewhere!
  • Disliked — The unbelievably rude managers
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
9 Thank KellyBrisbane
Brisbane
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I stayed at Burleigh Beach Tower (BBT) in November 2008 and found the complex dated with poor quality unfriendly management but the location was fabulous. BBT is close to the beach, shops, restaurants, transport and walking trails.

Lifts are a nightmare:
There are only 2 ancient lifts for 100 apartments and one was out of service the whole month I was there. The other lift broke down on a number of occasions (leaving no way of accessing the16 floors of apartments) as management were unhelpful and said that tenants were unable to walk down or up the fire stairs - we had to wait for the lifts to be fixed.

Carparks:
People kept on parking in our carpark and the management said they could do nothing.

Spa:
Management for some reason keep on turning off the spa and although the pool is open from 6am to 9pm - don't expect it to be working.

What could have been a relaxing holiday turned into a bit of a nightmare because of the poor managment of the complex.

• Liked — The view and location
  • Disliked — The management
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank BrisbaneMermaid
Durham, England
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I booked this apartment on an Australian travel website at the last minute while already in Australia so I had really didn't know what it would be like before I arrived. It was simply somewhere to stay away from the hustle of Surfars Paradise while taking in the renowned Gold Coast beaches.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. I'm a single traveller so I thought the rate was reasonable at $55AUD per night, but I wasn't expecting to be given a large two bedroomed apartment with a gorgeous view over the beach and park area. I could see all the way along the coastline to the high rises at Surfers Paradise, about 7 miles away. It turned out that most of the apartments are beach facing so unless you're on a lower floor it's a guaranteed view - perfect for sitting on the balcony with a chilled glass of wine.
I wouldn't say the apartments are luxurious but they have everything you need - cooker, microwave, fridge freezer, satellite TV, washing machine, phone and mine had two bathrooms, one of them en suite. They are very clean and well maintained.
Burleigh Heads has several decent restaurants and if you don't feel like eating out or cooking in you'll find all the menus pinned to your fridge - call a restaurant and they'll deliver your food to you.
It has tennis courts, swimming pool and jaccuzzi but with the beach just outside the gates very few people use the pool. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
Another plus is that the bus stop is on the main road just behind the building - great for getting to Surfer's and beyond.
All in all I had a great time here, I booked for four nights and extended it to six, what more can I say?

• Liked — The location and view
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Carrie65