we booked this trip 5 months prior for 3 adults and a teenage boy for 7 nights.
As requested a week before we confirmed by phone our booking, having paid for the best and biggest apartment in the complex as the adults were not couple's and couldn't share beds.
we arrived after the reception closed on a Friday evening ( this complex has no one living on site and is only open at reception for a few hours sat and sunday).
we got to our apartment and discovered the following.
one double bedroom with ensuite.
one bedroom with two tiny single beds, aircon not working ( filthy pedestal fan placed in room).
At the other end of the apartment off lounge an office, with no air con( again filthy fan placed inside), office desk and lamp and a pull out bed!
Apartment was dirty ( when ottoman was moved, chips and broken glass underneath).
Tv old and couldn't even get a guide on it.
After one adult spent a very uncomfortable night on a pull out we headed to reception Sat morning.
We were told the complex was full and that it was normal to have that configuration!( note you don't see pics of pull out beds in the hotel pics!!!).
I could understand if we were a large party fitting extra people in to have a pull out bed, but they were saying this was standard.
Manager was unavailable apparantly all weekend.
Monday morning we went to see the manager, she said she would fix the air in the single bedroom, and would give us another mattress for the pull out bed,and a chest of drawers, but she really wasn't interested at all .
We were in the residents part of the complex, it clearly states no drinking by the pool , sunday the whole pool area was taken up by a group of 20 somethings drinking and eating allday, with no one living on site nothing is done about it, very intimidating.
If you are a family this place is rowdy ,dirty, and a real hike to the beach , over a very busy highway or a long walk around it, ( big hill to climb on way back).
Beware, the pics you see of this complex are deceiving, and the staff have no customer service skills.
We visit Burleigh regularly and will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swell Resort is a stylish and contemporary holiday complex situated in popular Burleigh Heads on Queensland's Gold Coast. Located just a short stroll from the famous rolling surf of Burleigh Beach, the resort offers a selection of spacious Burleigh apartments, all fully self contained and complete with all the comforts of home. With a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, spa and tennis court onsite, you're never short of ways to relax and unwind on a break with us. Watch the sun rise over the region's unspoiled headlands, venture into the lush green rainforest of Burleigh Heads National Park or take the ten minute drive into Surfers Paradise to immerse yourself in the vibrant shopping and dining scene. Ideal for family holidays, weddings, groups and anyone looking for a luxurious break in the heart of the Gold Coast, Swell Burleigh Heads Accommodation is the perfect choice for a getaway to remember. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Swell Resort Burleigh Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swell Beach Hotel Burleigh Heads
- Swell Resort Burleigh Beach Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast