“a gem in Burleigh”
Review of The Little Plate

The Little Plate
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Boutique restaurant with a "Fine Casual" attitude - you will receive all the trimmings of 5star service and food in a casual atmosphere where you feel comfortable and at home. We pride ourselves on a 'shared plate philosophy' where people can tantalise their tastebuds with flavours from all of the world in one sitting, or you can just order your favourite dish and keep it all for yourself... if you can pick one that is. Our place is for people to come, relax, enjoy, dine and leave feeling content , tantalised and extremely satisfied as well as all that feeling you've made new friends by visiting us... and hopefully planning your next trip back. We are fully licenced.
Tugun, Australia
“a gem in Burleigh”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Little Plate is a great addition to the Burleigh Heads area restaurant scene. Everyone likes to give everything a 4 or 5 star rating here but this is really nice food, freshly prepared by a real chef. I would give it 4 stars rather than 5 because it is great for the Gold Coast (we are not in Paris) and for the genre that it is- really lovely casual food.

They called to let us know when an earlier table became available and were very patient when we were the last table to go. We had 2 chefs at the table and they cleaned their plates. This is a chef owned place unlike most of the restaurants in Burleigh Heads, and it is much more reasonably priced than the other local chef owned options. The food is *much* better than some other highly rated local options. I would say this is the best local restaurant that is not very expensive.

I really enjoyed the crab cakes and pork belly but all the small plates were nice. I don't believe in corn tortillas that aren't fried but that's my personal issue.

We tried to go back the next week but they were on vacation, so we will definitely return later.

Front of house staff could use a bit of training to be more familiar with the menu but our server was very nice. The Bloody Mary could use a tweak.

Now if the nail salon between the two parts of the restaurant would go they would be all set.

Great job ladies! We are happy to have you in the neighborhood.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Molly D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“If you are a vego, eat before you get there.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My partner had salmon which he said was delicious. I had zucchini fritters which I thought were quite bland and left me hungry. We shared a chocolate pudding which was rather chewy. Thank heaven for my martini espresso. I was very much looking forward to dinner as I heard such good things about it. I don't know that u would book again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Chippies57
Tallebudgera, Australia
“go on a warm evening”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Been to The L.P 3 times previously. Went to The L.P. Bar expecting another good evening. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere interesting decor.
The food is excellent. Nicely presented, well priced & most importantly very tasty. We went on a cool breezy evening. Firstly we were told we didn't have a booking & then it was found after saying we had confirmed the booking that very afternoon.
The food seems to come from The L.P. out onto the footpath & in the door of the bar. Every time one of the staff members came through the door (or left)it was left open. 3 different people from 3 different tables got up & closed the door on 4 occasions. Ah at last someone seemed to notice patrons were cold from breeze coming through door.. oh almost forgot that once we actually asked a staff member to close the door.. Yes eventually someone noticed unhappy people. Then there were the 2 requests to turn down the music.. just a little ..so we could hear the people at our table. The 2nd request worked an hour after arriving & we finally spent the rest of the evening enjoying ourselves with good food,wine & conversation.
So yes do go to this restaurant, but on a warm summers evening & preferably not to the Bar.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tallyvalley
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice Nice Nice”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

This place is smart, laid back, interesting and accomplished. Could not fault the food, service and the atmosphere. Thanks girls for a really pleasant evening.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank foodlover059
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“High expectations were not met”
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

After hearing such good reports about the little plate, we were rather disappointed. The food was good.. However my first and only glass of wine arrived after I had finished my main course. The staff seem friendly, but not very efficient. We will continue going to Willow just around the corner for a much nicer experience.

4 Thank Gypseamama