“Chick, relaxing, fantastic atmosphere and great food”
Review of Cafe Urbia - CLOSED

Cafe Urbia
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Mediterranean, Pizza, Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Chick, relaxing, fantastic atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Had lunch here today and will be back. Starters were amazing cooked to perfection and mains were gorgeous. Hungry now again thinking back on them. We will be back again for sure real soon. Would recommend it to anyone. What a treat and great atmosphere. Staff were so attentive and polite. 10/10

• Visited February 2014

Burleigh Heads, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Colb”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Mate all I can say never again,music will send u away,I had rump I'm sure a dingo could not chew it,my wife had salmon she said it was good .cb varsity lakes

• Visited February 2014
Mudgeeraba, Australia
“Ok..constant interruption from loud music”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was a nice place with friendly staff, but we were a large table seated right next to the singer and her loud music. It was almost impossible to speak and be heard. THAT is so frustrating.
The tapas menu was not the best. Would have been nice to have some meals to select from and not just tapas.
If the owner reads this, please move the singer outside and allow your guests to eat and have a conversation.
Was such a turn off, I don't think I'd recommend or return.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank migereco
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place in the middle of a car park”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Very friendly staff...food not too bad....live music can be a bit loud....but this place is improving each time I visit...they are really trying to offer an experience to their locals

• Visited June 2013
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Great little treasure”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Although I live only 5 minutes away from the bistro I heard about Cafe Urbia from a work colleague. She had been there 4 times in 2 weeks and raved about it saying it reminded her of wine bars in Melbourne.

My husband and I dined in one evening. It is more 'cafe style' than restaurant (as reflected in its name) and so it had a relaxed vibe. The service was efficient, attentive and our Irish waitress was very friendly and suggested perfect wines to accompany our Tapas selections.

The food was wonderful. We ordered more!

Since then we have ordered take away pizza every Tuesday as our special treat. The 2 for 1 special between 5-7 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday is fantastic value for gourmet pizza. We just LOVE the Zingarra (prawns with other lovely flavours), the lamb one (can't remember it's name) and the corn, bacon and Brie one. Only one I haven't liked so far is the chicken one. I found it a bit bland to be honest.

Would I recommend this place? Definitely. We will go eat in over the warmer months as I like to be home in the warm over winter. So roll on summer. I think you may need to book especially for groups as this little gem becomes better known.

• Visited August 2013